5,599,677 Members 46,993 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROOT HELP (Cache Fail: Root de la Vega)

Tip us?

CharredHead
Old
(Last edited by CharredHead; 9th December 2013 at 04:05 AM.) Reason: Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] ROOT HELP (Cache Fail: Root de la Vega)

Hello,

Yesterday i decided to mess around with the Note 3, and try to root it. I've tried everything, yet nothing seems to work for me. Root de la Vega is what I've tried, it softbricked my Note 3, but then i reset it back to it's original state with the help of a few of these forums. What happens is, it fails after like 5 seconds on the cache thing. I've looked everywhere, and I've tried what i could. Is there anyone that can help me? I'm willing to PayPay something if i can successfully root it with someone's help. I've been to the following threads and tried what it said::

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2483380

I've reset it, then rooted it here. Same error.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2481590

Done everything it said, but to no avail. Even giving the file a name change. Also, watched the videos. I've downloaded both the torrent, and the MEGA file.

The first thing i tried was "KingOApp", but obviously it failed.

So here I am looking to see if someone is able to help me. Should i factory reset the phone? Should i turn off or on develepor mode? Should i turn on debugging mode? I don't know. If you're reading this, and have solved this, please help me out. Well.. Thanks for reading.

UPDATE::
I forgot to mention it is a SM-900V (-_- )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cachefail.PNG
Views:	667
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	2442911  

preto21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
kingo root Google there

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kev510
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharredHead View Post
Hello,

Yesterday i decided to mess around with the Note 3, and try to root it. I've tried everything, yet nothing seems to work for me. Root de la Vega is what I've tried, it softbricked my Note 3, but then i reset it back to it's original state with the help of a few of these forums. What happens is, it fails after like 5 seconds on the cache thing. I've looked everywhere, and I've tried what i could. Is there anyone that can help me? I'm willing to PayPay something if i can successfully root it with someone's help. I've been to the following threads and tried what it said::

Done everything it said, but to no avail. Even giving the file a name change. Also, watched the videos. I've downloaded both the torrent, and the MEGA file.

So here I am looking to see if someone is able to help me. Should i factory reset the phone? Should i turn off or on develepor mode? Should i turn on debugging mode? I don't know. If you're reading this, and have solved this, please help me out. Well.. Thanks for reading.

did you get this figured out by any chance?

Big Cam
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Even if he did, at this point in time Root De La Vega will trip Knox.

Kingo and Vroot are options that will Root the latest MJE firmware and not trip knox.
Droid1 >> LG Revolution >> Galaxy Nexus>>Note 3

MBRedline
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I think kingo is the only way to root MJE, I used it and had no problems, just make sure to get the kingo made for the note 3. Search kingo in google

NeoMagus
Old
(Last edited by NeoMagus; 6th February 2014 at 07:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
It's failing on cache because you cant use the older files to root a newer update!

As others have said its Kingo on MJE, if it failed just try it again until it pushes the supersu then flash a good one thru safestrap after
Nexus 10 32GB 4.4.2 / Unlocked /Rooted
Nexus 7 16GB C8 4.4.2 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy Nexus 32GB 4.4.2 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy SIII 32GB 4.4.2 CM11 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy Note 3 4.3 / Rooted

"Executing sudo command."

MichaelMcC
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Root de la Vega is only for the MI9 original Verizon ROM. If you've ever taken an OTA update from MI9 without being rooted and taken the precautions to retain root your out of luck. Kingo is the only option available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

marnold10908
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharredHead View Post
Hello,

I have had this same issue. I recently updated to MJE via odin and everything works fine. However, kingo will not get root. I have tried many many things and nothing seems to work. I have spent several hours trying to find a solution to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to marnold10908 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-BoneZ-
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Kingo has been having server and website issues. The only option right now is to use vRoot. Just make sure to flash chainfire's SU 1.00 after installing SafeStrap.
-Matt-

Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon running CleanROM
Asus Transformer Infinity running CROMi-X