Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

Battery drains my whole phone down!

OP zeedu

7th February 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vaasa
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
More
Hi!

I'm new on this forum and YES I've read many threads about this problem with HOX, but I haven't found really something useful that have worked. I bought my HOX last week from a reseller so I don't got any guarantee on it. I wanted a HTC for the beats audio and the performance in this phone, but I had no clue about the battery prob, and this disturbs me alot.

When I'm playing a game on my phone it drains the battery from 80% to maybe 50% in 15-20 minutes and that's really disturbing. I've calibrated my battery that I read on this forum and it helped the phone a bit but not much..

Today when I surfed the internet I had 21% and i surfed maybe 10 mins and then it was 5%. I can't really figure this out why it's like this, I've read on the forums that it's maybe something with the Tegra 3 chip but does that problem still exist if i got Android 4.2.2?

I've thaught on installing a CustomROM to help my batterylife, so could you give me some examples and does my beatsaudio function still work if I install a new rom?

Thanks in advance and I hope you can help me with this!

Regards, Christoffer
7th February 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Classified
Thanks Meter: 88

455 posts
More
The best ROM with best battery performance you can only find One rom that its good fore maybe its not for you so try them..You have threads with bootloader unlocking,how to flash recovery,how to root and put rom.zip and flash it and boot.img Visit General section

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
7th February 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vaasa

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by big noob

The best ROM with best battery performance you can only find One rom that its good fore maybe its not for you so try them..You have threads with bootloader unlocking,how to flash recovery,how to root and put rom.zip and flash it and boot.img Visit General section

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Can I root the phone with a stock recovery? So it's normal android + htc sense 5.0 and still rooted?
7th February 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #4  
Flag Classified
Thanks Meter: 88

455 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedu

Can I root the phone with a stock recovery? So it's normal android + htc sense 5.0 and still rooted?

You must flash custom recovery,and then root..Root can be on a stock rom
The Following User Says Thank You to big noob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vaasa

17 posts
More
Yea, I got it now Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to zeedu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 112

223 posts
Might want to read this great tutorial on battery performance. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2156311
10th February 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #7  
Flag Las Piņas
Thanks Meter: 26

53 posts
if you're going on a custom rom.. its definately better compared to a bone stock rom.. but if you're going for a sense 5 rom.. don't expect too much.. maybe 10% increase?.. for some reason i just find the old sense 4 roms better in terms of battery and stability.. just my opinion though..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread