5,604,292 Members 49,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I unbrick my nook2 after write noogie.img directly to the NOOK2 istead of SD card

Tip us?

speedman2202
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by leewaye View Post
I've saved my nook.I wish to express my gratitude to speedman2202,wozhere and Renate NST for your immense practical help.
To conclude the experience that I learn from unbricking my nook touch, there're 2 issues to mention:
1.In my first step,Nook can be formated to restore factory system With the CWM and Touch-Formatter v2.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1475613
2.In my case,after reboot, the nook is stuck in 'Read Forever' sopt and windows cannot recognize Nook USB drive.Do the following steps as speedman2202 directs

Everything shall be retored and the Sun will rise tomorrow again

another important thing to mention is that u can resore system with every correct IMG file as long as the model match. i actually write my system with a img file i download from another guy's img. Now my system is a android version in which i can install some apps.

Thanks guys again. Have a nice day!!

did u download nook image from website and write it to ur own nook??!!!

i hope not!!!! :\ , if u do ... ur wifi wont work .... just u can use ur nook as a e-reader only and no benefits to root :|

leewaye
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedman2202 View Post
did u download nook image from website and write it to ur own nook??!!!

i hope not!!!! :\ , if u do ... ur wifi wont work .... just u can use ur nook as a e-reader only and no benefits to root :|

My wifi still works well except that my nook shop account is a issue. But I think I can solve it with my own .pmf file to restore my account info.

Renate NST
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 700
I finished a utility for recovering files out of a saved Nook backup.
It should be able to recover the /rom partition even if you overwrote the first 79 Megs.
Is anybody interested in trying this?

speedman2202
Old
(Last edited by speedman2202; 11th February 2014 at 01:06 AM.) Reason: add more info
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by leewaye View Post
My wifi still works well except that my nook shop account is a issue. But I think I can solve it with my own .pmf file to restore my account info.
if the image u downloaded and burn it to ur nook contain rom partition of the image publisher ... then when u try his image u now own another device details ( another serial number , Mac address and other changed details) .... so i think when u burn/write the image to ur nook ... it was successfully registered and no need to register again ......anyway the main issue that u have the same Mac address from other device and that may do conflict with u and for sure ..... try get ur own Unique nook device Rom files By Renate utility and thx to her she still keep on developing such these things

thats why i said " i hope not do that" cuz there is another ways for recover deleted/formatted partition

thx

UPDATE: try and check this utility by Renate .... it will help u
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate NST View Post
I finished a utility for recovering files out of a saved Nook backup.
It should be able to recover the /rom partition even if you overwrote the first 79 Megs.
Is anybody interested in trying this?
ummm .... try publish beta test ... and lets see other user says about ur new utility ....and when it success .... publish a full thread about recover ur nook with/with out backup image

thx to Renate

best regards ^^