Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bootloop directly after flashing ANY rom with Heimdall or Odin, partitions at fault?

OP vindikleuk

8th February 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Overijssel, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 35

131 posts
Hey folks,

So I'm trying to load android 2.3.6 on my i9000 (it was previously running 4.2). The thing is, it's home button is broken so I can't easily access the recovery mode. So I've built a jig, forced the phone into download mode, and from there on flashed 2.3.6 using THIS method.

The phone then automatically reboots into Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5. I then wipe dalvik and cache, and factory reset the phone. Then when I'm trying to boot into android, the phone enters a bootloop. It doesn't even show the boot animation, just the Galaxy S black/white splash screen. At that point I can't seem to get back into the recovery, because of that broken home button.

What I've done so far:
- Checked that my SD card isn't faulty. I can perfectly browse files with the recovery. Mounting the SD card however doesn't work. I don't know why.
- Before I used heimdall to flash the ROM, I tried using Odin v1.83. I clicked repartition and used a 512.pit file. Could it be that my partitions are messed up?
- My end goal is to flash Cyanogenmod 10.2.1. I tried flashing the 10.2.1 .zip (it was still on my sd card, luckily) through the recovery. But that also results in a boot loop, where I cannot get past the boot animation. I know a solution to that would be to clear user data and dalvik again, but I don't know how to get into recovery mode from there.

So, any ideas what I could do? I have a feeling that something's up with my partitions, but I don't have the knowledge to know for sure. Any help is very much appreciated!
Last edited by vindikleuk; 8th February 2014 at 03:40 PM.
9th February 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,256

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindikleuk

So, any ideas what I could do? I have a feeling that something's up with my partitions, but I don't have the knowledge to know for sure. Any help is very much appreciated!

Follow [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat and use PIT file, to repartition with the JVU 2.3.6

9th February 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 104

117 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindikleuk

Hey folks,

So I'm trying to load android 2.3.6 on my i9000 (it was previously running 4.2). The thing is, it's home button is broken so I can't easily access the recovery mode. So I've built a jig, forced the phone into download mode, and from there on flashed 2.3.6 using THIS method.

The phone then automatically reboots into Clockworkmod Recovery 3.0.0.5. I then wipe dalvik and cache, and factory reset the phone. Then when I'm trying to boot into android, the phone enters a bootloop. It doesn't even show the boot animation, just the Galaxy S black/white splash screen. At that point I can't seem to get back into the recovery, because of that broken home button.

What I've done so far:
- Checked that my SD card isn't faulty. I can perfectly browse files with the recovery. Mounting the SD card however doesn't work. I don't know why.
- Before I used heimdall to flash the ROM, I tried using Odin v1.83. I clicked repartition and used a 512.pit file. Could it be that my partitions are messed up?
- My end goal is to flash Cyanogenmod 10.2.1. I tried flashing the 10.2.1 .zip (it was still on my sd card, luckily) through the recovery. But that also results in a boot loop, where I cannot get past the boot animation. I know a solution to that would be to clear user data and dalvik again, but I don't know how to get into recovery mode from there.

Flash proper/stock jvu not any rooted or customized one. Then root it and then flash your ROM properly...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to TeKnoGin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Overijssel, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 35

131 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKnoGin

Flash proper/stock jvu not any rooted or customized one. Then root it and then flash your ROM properly...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, how did I not think of that? Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread