Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 54,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update messed up G-Pad

Tip us?

mike_1983
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Update messed up G-Pad

I had stock installed, rooted and twrp install, I downloaded the update and now it only boots into twrp. So i tried factory reset and restoring a backup I had, still nothing. Just now I pressed advanced wipe everything except SD Card, now I have no OS And no backup to restore.

For some reason twrp doesn't recognise any micro sd card I put in, says it cant mount them.

I can't get adb working whilst in recovery. I just want to go back to stock.

Also holding down vol down and up to get into download mode doesn't work.

Thanks for any advice.

mike_1983
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Got it into download mode now somehow (rebooting from twrp instead of cold boot) and downloading the stock firmware from LG mobile support tool.

Trunkam
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_1983 View Post
Got it into download mode now somehow (rebooting from twrp instead of cold boot) and downloading the stock firmware from LG mobile support tool.
same problem here.. how did you get to download mode? cannot find a way..
I'm only a standard user with standard needs and can give standard help!
google is the way most of the times!

crissx
Old
(Last edited by crissx; 8th February 2014 at 01:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkam View Post
same problem here.. how did you get to download mode? cannot find a way..
1. Turn off the tablet. (from twrp menu )
2. Push vol+ and vol- same time.
3. Insert usb cable.
4. Release both buttons. Now you should be in download mode.

Palux
Old
Thanks Meter 8
hi mike_1983, but have you solved with this method?

crissx
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palux View Post
hi mike_1983, but have you solved with this method?
I was in same situation. And i solved installing stock room with LG Mobile Launcher.
Go in download mode, and then follow this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471370 is 100% working.

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 52
dont update the official rom if you re rooted or you have a custom recovery, they ll brick your tablet. If you have access to recovery you can install a custom rom and there is no need to go back to full stock (unless ofc you want to keep the stock rom in which case you need to flash it using the lg mobile support tool)

mike_1983
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I think I did it by holding down vol up and vol down whilst in twrp, then pressing reboot, system (or perhaps pressing reboot system then holding them down). I'm not sure if the usb cable was plugged in or not. I tried holding down vol up and down from powered off, but it seemed to still always go into twrp.

Then you need B2CAppSetup.exe which is LGMobile Support Tool, you can then download the stock rom, it overwrites everything, like recovery and root.

Exoten
Old
(Last edited by Exoten; 9th February 2014 at 11:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Made the same mistake : said yes when the tablet proposed me to update. Booted in TWRP.
Tried to flash with support tool but it stops at 95% and tells me in german (!) to remove the battery and try again... I've tried many times (without removing the battery obviously), just the same.
And now I can't get out of the download mode. Everytime I plug the USB cable, it goes to download mode.

Any suggestion ?

EDIT :
I even tried this method : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2622777
and it stops giving me a decompression error...

Edit 2 : it finally uncomressed corectly but i'm still stucked at 95% when installing : WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR

EDIT 3 :
Using the method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2622777 and leaving default parameters : Korean language and country it finaly worked with the V50010A_00.kdz firmware.

My lg g pad is finally booting ! (the battery is totally drained)

Thanks to all !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exoten For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fbien
Old
(Last edited by Fbien; 10th February 2014 at 02:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoten View Post
Made the same mistake : said yes when the tablet proposed me to update. Booted in TWRP.
Tried to flash with support tool but it stops at 95% and tells me in german (!) to remove the battery and try again... (..)
EDIT 3 :
Using the method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2622777 and leaving default parameters : Korean language and country it finaly worked with the V50010A_00.kdz firmware.
My lg g pad is finally booting ! (the battery is totally drained)
Thanks to all !
Many Tanks to Exoten (and others)
Same mistake... Same errors (no standard flash / method available)... Try method from Edit 3 and ... My wife is happy again (this is her tablet)

++ No Wipe data necessary - All data (SD and internal were kept)
+ the OTA upgrade was applied, even if I selected A version of KDZ (and not B version)
- I lost the root

F'bien