5,596,784 Members 48,025 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NABI2 Best way to remove Wings with JB 4.1.1?

Tip us?

2girlzdad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] NABI2 Best way to remove Wings with JB 4.1.1?

I am running Android 4.1.1 / 2.3 release keys on both of my kid's Nabi2's. Question is what is the best way to remove Wings and University with JB installed? I am rooted and used fx to remove the files from the data/addon_res/vendor/app folder but I still have a Wings icon on the main Nabi page when in Kids Mode. I've searched the system using fx in root search and removed all variations of wings and university from the various directories but still can't rid myself of the Wings Challenge icon on the main Kids Mode screen..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

aicjofs
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlzdad View Post
I am running Android 4.1.1 / 2.3 release keys on both of my kid's Nabi2's. Question is what is the best way to remove Wings and University with JB installed? I am rooted and used fx to remove the files from the data/addon_res/vendor/app folder but I still have a Wings icon on the main Nabi page when in Kids Mode. I've searched the system using fx in root search and removed all variations of wings and university from the various directories but still can't rid myself of the Wings Challenge icon on the main Kids Mode screen..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Go in to settings, apps, all. Find NabiMode. Clear data.
Read my less technical and uncensored ramblings on Nabi Tablet modding
Nab Tab Hacks
The Following User Says Thank You to aicjofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2girlzdad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicjofs View Post
Go in to settings, apps, all. Find NabiMode. Clear data.

Yep, that did it. I had done that previously but I think I did it before I had deleted some of the com.fuhu.wings* files, and so the icon was still on the desktop at that point. I didn't think to clear nabimode again.

Thanks!