Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][SOLVED] Samsung ATIV S FS Full Access Issue

Tip us?

sandro1900
Old
(Last edited by sandro1900; 10th February 2014 at 05:04 PM.) Reason: I solved the issue!
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q][SOLVED] Samsung ATIV S FS Full Access Issue

Hello,

I had some problem while enabling the FS full access with my Samsung ATIV S (OS version 8.0.10211.204).

Here are the steps I followed:

1 - first dev unlock and then interop unlock the device
2- I installed the SamWP8 Tools and I turned on the Full FS access
3 - I followed the suggestions that can be found on the various forum's threads but still I can't get access to the phone's disk (the disk seems to be empty)

Just a side note: I'm working with a Windows 7 OS and I'm virtualizing a Windows 8.1 pro + WP8 SDK - this should be a problem, since I can sideload xaps without any error.

Can someone please assist me with the solution of the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Sandro.

** Update ** I solved the issue by upgrading the OS from GDR1 to GDR2, following @MauzaoFilho and @Randοm Hero's suggetions - the device first downloads and installs the GDR2 than, if you want, it will allows the uprade to the GDR3. Thanks for the help.

MauzaoFilho
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Try to update your system to version GDR2, I think this is a problem of incompatibility between the interop unlock with the GDR1 and FS.

Randοm Hero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Are you running software on the PC that interacts with the phone (eg windows media player syncs, etc.)? If yes, turn that program off.

sandro1900
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randοm Hero View Post
Are you running software on the PC that interacts with the phone (eg windows media player syncs, etc.)? If yes, turn that program off.
No, everything is turned off.

My problem now is: can I directly update my device to GDR3 - now I have GDR1 - while preventing the interop-unlock ?

Thanks

Randοm Hero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandro1900 View Post
No, everything is turned off.

My problem now is: can I directly update my device to GDR3 - now I have GDR1 - while preventing the interop-unlock ?

Thanks
I think first you have to update to GDR2, then GDR3 (someone confirm this, please). If you Interop-unlock GDR2, then yes, you can indeed prevent your phone from unlocking, using the SamWP8 Tools & following the instructions in this thread