Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] KITKAT Security FC

Tip us?

scorthyn
Old
(Last edited by scorthyn; 17th January 2014 at 12:22 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Exclamation [FIX] KITKAT Security FC

First, you need ROOT access to do this. It will fix the security force-close and enable the uninstall of apps.

1 - Download FIXV2 here - http://d-h.st/gMh
2 - Extract the file to your desktop and copy the files inside "FIRMWARE\IMAGE" folder to your phone.
3 - Download root explorer from play store and move those files to the firmware\image directory located on your phone.
4 - Long press each file and set permition to RW-R-R (0644) (You do this by selecting OWNER to read and write, GROUP to read and OTHERS to read.
5 - Reboot and try accessing settings.

Thanks to ferreinf for the link and how to do it, I just tried to do this as much newbie proof as possible.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scorthyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kr338r
Old
Thanks Meter 25
have seen this problem in numerous ROM threads(haven't myself run into this), thanks for the heads up :thumbs up:

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

smohanv
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorthyn View Post
First, you need ROOT access to do this. It will fix the security force-close and enable the uninstall of apps.

2 - Extract the file to your desktop and copy the files inside "FIRMWARE\IMAGE" folder to your phone.
3 - Download root explorer from play store and move those files to the firmware\image directory located on your phone.
4 - Long press each file and set permition to RW-R-R (0644) (You do this by selecting OWNER to read and write, GROUP to read and OTHERS to read.

Thanks to ferreinf for the link and how to do it, I just tried to do this as much newbie proof as possible.
Hi

Does this help to uninstall system apps as wel instead of deleting apk from system/app folder

Thanks.
IPAQ 6950 > Nokia N95 > Nokia N97 > iPhone 3GS > HTC Hero > Nexus One > SGS > SGS II > LG Optimus 3D > Galaxy Nexus > SGS3 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Sony Xpeira Z > Google Nexus 4 > Moto G > Moto X (XT1052)

Doublepranks
Old
Thanks Meter 310

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smohanv View Post
Hi

Does this help to uninstall system apps as wel instead of deleting apk from system/app folder

Thanks.
No, it has nothing to do with what you want and there's absolutely no point in doing what wanna do either. You can not reclaim the free space to yourself and that would yet prevent you from installing OTA updates. The best way around this is to unable the system apps you don't wanna run.

smohanv
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublepranks View Post
No, it has nothing to do with what you want and there's absolutely no point in doing what wanna do either. You can not reclaim the free space to yourself and that would yet prevent you from installing OTA updates. The best way around this is to unable the system apps you don't wanna run.
Your description about this patch is confusing...

Read your description,
IPAQ 6950 > Nokia N95 > Nokia N97 > iPhone 3GS > HTC Hero > Nexus One > SGS > SGS II > LG Optimus 3D > Galaxy Nexus > SGS3 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Sony Xpeira Z > Google Nexus 4 > Moto G > Moto X (XT1052)

AxAtAx
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,841

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorthyn View Post

firmware\image directory located on your phone.

Where is this directory on the phone? it does not exist, are we to just push the whole dir w/files to the phone? I agree, need alittle more info here please....

Good work if it does what it says....

TangerineTractor
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman View Post
firmware\image directory located on your phone.

Where is this directory on the phone? it does not exist, are we to just push the whole dir w/files to the phone? I agree, need alittle more info here please....

Good work if it does what it says....
Worked for me to get the nexus g+ rom working fully... used root browsed in ROM Toolbox to copy the files to the relevant folder off root, and set all the permissions to rwx.
(Happy to help!)