FORUMS

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

[FIX] KITKAT Security FC

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By scorthyn, Member on 17th January 2014, 12:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
First, you need ROOT access to do this. It will fix the security force-close and enable the uninstall of apps.

1 - Download FIXV2 here - http://d-h.st/gMh
2 - Extract the file to your desktop and copy the files inside "FIRMWARE\IMAGE" folder to your phone.
3 - Download root explorer from play store and move those files to the firmware\image directory located on your phone.
4 - Long press each file and set permition to RW-R-R (0644) (You do this by selecting OWNER to read and write, GROUP to read and OTHERS to read.
5 - Reboot and try accessing settings.



Thanks to ferreinf for the link and how to do it, I just tried to do this as much newbie proof as possible.
Last edited by scorthyn; 17th January 2014 at 12:22 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scorthyn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th January 2014, 12:24 AM |#2  
kr338r's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
have seen this problem in numerous ROM threads(haven't myself run into this), thanks for the heads up :thumbs up:

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 05:02 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorthyn

First, you need ROOT access to do this. It will fix the security force-close and enable the uninstall of apps.

1 - Download FIXV2 here - http://d-h.st/gMh
2 - Extract the file to your desktop and copy the files inside "FIRMWARE\IMAGE" folder to your phone.
3 - Download root explorer from play store and move those files to the firmware\image directory located on your phone.
4 - Long press each file and set permition to RW-R-R (0644) (You do this by selecting OWNER to read and write, GROUP to read and OTHERS to read.
5 - Reboot and try accessing settings.



Thanks to ferreinf for the link and how to do it, I just tried to do this as much newbie proof as possible.

Hi

Does this help to uninstall system apps as wel instead of deleting apk from system/app folder

Thanks.
21st January 2014, 10:46 PM |#4  
Doublepranks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belem
Thanks Meter: 315
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smohanv

Hi

Does this help to uninstall system apps as wel instead of deleting apk from system/app folder

Thanks.

No, it has nothing to do with what you want and there's absolutely no point in doing what wanna do either. You can not reclaim the free space to yourself and that would yet prevent you from installing OTA updates. The best way around this is to unable the system apps you don't wanna run.
22nd January 2014, 11:07 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublepranks

No, it has nothing to do with what you want and there's absolutely no point in doing what wanna do either. You can not reclaim the free space to yourself and that would yet prevent you from installing OTA updates. The best way around this is to unable the system apps you don't wanna run.

Your description about this patch is confusing...

Read your description,
First, you need ROOT access to do this. It will fix the security force-close and enable the uninstall of apps.
6th February 2014, 05:25 AM |#6  
AxAtAx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiON,Texas
Thanks Meter: 19,934
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorthyn

First, you need ROOT access to do this. It will fix the security force-close and enable the uninstall of apps.

1 - Download FIXV2 here - http://d-h.st/gMh
2 - Extract the file to your desktop and copy the files inside "FIRMWARE\IMAGE" folder to your phone.
3 - Download root explorer from play store and move those files to the firmware\image directory located on your phone.
4 - Long press each file and set permition to RW-R-R (0644) (You do this by selecting OWNER to read and write, GROUP to read and OTHERS to read.
5 - Reboot and try accessing settings.



Thanks to ferreinf for the link and how to do it, I just tried to do this as much newbie proof as possible.


firmware\image directory located on your phone.

Where is this directory on the phone? it does not exist, are we to just push the whole dir w/files to the phone? I agree, need alittle more info here please....

Good work if it does what it says....
10th February 2014, 03:16 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman

firmware\image directory located on your phone.

Where is this directory on the phone? it does not exist, are we to just push the whole dir w/files to the phone? I agree, need alittle more info here please....

Good work if it does what it says....

Worked for me to get the nexus g+ rom working fully... used root browsed in ROM Toolbox to copy the files to the relevant folder off root, and set all the permissions to rwx.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes