5,594,386 Members 36,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cursor Control (Note2,3; SGS4) on HTC One

Tip us?

Kehli
Old
(Last edited by Kehli; 9th February 2014 at 10:44 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial [Q] Cursor Control (Note2,3; SGS4) on HTC One

I am searching for this feature (was called swipeselection on jailbroken iphones) for Android devices on Googles Latin IME Keyboard.
Eventually I stumbled upon this Feature, which is only working on these Samsung Devices: Galaxy S4, Note2 & Note3.
So I wondered if it got ported to any other Android Device yet, or if i can get this on my rooted HTC One.

video for the Application on Samsung Devices:
/watch?v=JDqE9IsCj2s [Sorry, but i don't have permission to link to youtube..]

Summary: How can i get the swipe-feature from the Video on other Devices than Samsung, and if possible with the Latin IME from 4.4 KitKat?

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 632

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kehli View Post
I am searching for this feature (was called swipeselection on jailbroken iphones) for Android devices on Googles Latin IME Keyboard.
Eventually I stumbled upon this Feature, which is only working on these Samsung Devices: Galaxy S4, Note2 & Note3.
So I wondered if it got ported to any other Android Device yet, or if i can get this on my rooted HTC One.

video for the Application on Samsung Devices:
/watch?v=JDqE9IsCj2s [Sorry, but i don't have permission to link to youtube..]

Summary: How can i get the swipe-feature from the Video on other Devices than Samsung, and if possible with the Latin IME from 4.4 KitKat?
probably not going to happen their Samsung partners
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kehli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default was PAPurc

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
probably not going to happen their Samsung partners
Would it be illegal to copy this for non commercial purposes ? Like i.e. in a custom ROM or in an edited Keyboard.apk ?
If it is free of charge and you don't make any money out of "their" idea it might be okay ?

Would it be hard to implement this in the AOSP Keyboard ?