Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Printer driver workaround for Surface RT based tablet?

Tip us?
 
TheExileFox
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2013
Info [Q] Printer driver workaround for Surface RT based tablet?

Hello.

It's quite annoying to have windows on a tablet that doesn't support much printers at all.

I got a Samsung ML1630 b/w printer and I'd like to be able to print stuff from my Lenovo Yoga 11.

This printer is currently shared through a windows XP pc but I might be able to share it through OpenWRT in my router (TL-4300) (Untested)


Any suggestions?.
 
ctitanic
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jun 2003
Your device doesn't use Windows RT (Lenovo Yoga 11) so you should be able to install the manufacturer's drivers.
Ctitanic
------------------------------------------
UltramobilePC-Tips
 
SixSixSevenSeven
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 323
Posts: 1,620
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctitanic View Post
Your device doesn't use Windows RT (Lenovo Yoga 11) so you should be able to install the manufacturer's drivers.
Yoga 11 is windows RT on tegra 3.
You might be thinking of the yoga 11S instead.
 
ctitanic
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven View Post
Yoga 11 is windows RT on tegra 3.
You might be thinking of the yoga 11S instead.
My mistake. If that's the case here is my workaround

http://ultramobilepc-tips.blogspot.c...r-surface.html
Ctitanic
------------------------------------------
UltramobilePC-Tips
 
TheExileFox
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctitanic View Post
My mistake. If that's the case here is my workaround

http://ultramobilepc-tips.blogspot.c...r-surface.html
I can not pick drivers from a list when I follow that guide.

I earlier accidentally installed the ML1630W driver on win7 but then the printer only printed "Error: Wrong driver used. Please use the correct driver!"

When i try to connect to my printer over the network, I get asked to add a driver, however, it always ends with:

Quote:
Windows could not connect to the printer
operation failed with error 0x00000214
So any other ideas?.
 
ctitanic
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven View Post
Yoga 11 is windows RT on tegra 3.
You might be thinking of the yoga 11S instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExileFox View Post
I can not pick drivers from a list when I follow that guide.

I earlier accidentally installed the ML1630W driver on win7 but then the printer only printed "Error: Wrong driver used. Please use the correct driver!"

When i try to connect to my printer over the network, I get asked to add a driver, however, it always ends with:



So any other ideas?.
Do not use the XP shared printer. Try to share it using your router. I haven't seen anyone able to use in Windows RT a shared printer connected to an XP machine.
Ctitanic
------------------------------------------
UltramobilePC-Tips
 
TheExileFox
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2013
I will try that again soon, but i couldn't make it work yesterday. Need a good guide to do this...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more