Moar installed .. Phone heats up oretty quick.. Anybody else?

Search This thread

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
A bit more information is going to be needed in order to help you. Did you do a clean install of the Rom ? Did you restore any Data ? What Rom where you on previously ? What Recovery are you using ? Have you tried switching Batteries to see if that is the issue ? Are you OC'ing the device ? Do you have a case on the phone ? I know it's a lot of questions. But the more information you provide the easier, and faster you can be helped.

villaf7420

Jan 29, 2014
Overheating

a bit more information is going to be needed in order to help you. Did you do a clean install of the rom ? Did you restore any data ? What rom where you on previously ? What recovery are you using ? Have you tried switching batteries to see if that is the issue ? Are you oc'ing the device ? Do you have a case on the phone ? I know it's a lot of questions. But the more information you provide the easier, and faster you can be helped.

i wiped all 3 in recovery, im using philz 6 recovery, i was runing stock before, i didnt do any adjustment when loaded moar rom i hit stock on all option in moar rom. So i didnt oc my phone?

rickpcb

Apr 20, 2013
Key Largo, FL
My first two days on MOAR i had poor battery life and it ran warm... then it cleared up. Give it a chance and let us know how it works for you...

villaf7420

Jan 29, 2014
i picked the stock kernel.... another question .. i was waching the reviews of moar, and i never saw where it gave me morphology option like i saw in one the videos when you picked the kernel

geolemon

Dec 10, 2010
I'm in the same boat-
Did a clean install, I think I picked the stock kernel (but did the install months ago so I don't honestly recall - how to check this?)

It actually has gotten worse for me over time.
Recently, I have had to carry an extra battery around with me, or I'm completely dead by 8 or 9pm even with extremely light use of my phone. On a recent work trip where I used my phone only marginally above-average, I went through three batteries, and had my phone plugged into my laptop for part of the day.

Several times I've noticed my phone is warm - today I took the cover off and specifically noticed it was warm just below the battery, but not (I don't believe) quite the antenna area which I believe is the very very bottom - if I hold my finger over the memory card slot, it's very warm.

I've also had my phone reboot randomly several times, and when I checked the dump logs it showed trouble accessing my memory card - and I'm thinking they are related - meaning, it's gotten warm, and the thermal issue is maybe causing difficulty in some way with the memory card not being able to be read, and the phone reboots.

I've installed GSAM battery monitor, because it provides a nice app-based view of battery usage, but nothing unusual really shows up near the top.

Any idea what's in this area of the phone that is getting warm, to help narrow up an app that's causing this?

runwitme

Jul 29, 2009
My phone starting to act the same way too . I'm on moar also. I know it's not the Rom because I've been on it 4 a while n never had any battery drain or over heating issues. I'm guess It's just time 4 a new battery or phone. My phone gets Super hot at the bottom after like 30 min on a game using wifi n recently been getting reboots.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

geolemon

Dec 10, 2010
I was getting reboots and it seemed tied to trouble reading my SD card... dump report showed it couldn't read the card, caused a reboot.
I'm going to look for the original instructions, but try turning your phone off, taking the SD card out, and leaving it out for a day and seeing if that changes anything.
I just copied the data off mine, I'm going to reformat the card using the phone since I think that was what I was told

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
If your are looking to reformat an SD card. SD Formatter works great. It has saved more than a few SD cards for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i wiped all 3 in recovery, im using philz 6 recovery, i was runing stock before, i didnt do any adjustment when loaded moar rom i hit stock on all option in moar rom. So i didnt oc my phone?
    You didn't state which kernel you are using. But if you are using KT, or dkp try lowering the voltages across the board.

TEAM MiK MikROMs Since 3/13/11