Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 41,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BUZZ HTC Wildfire extreme Rebooting even in recovery

Tip us?

sachoosaini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default BUZZ HTC Wildfire extreme Rebooting even in recovery

well i recently dropped my HTC wildfire in water. I took it to the service center a local shop
and get it cleaned. but right on the shop when the engineer repaired it; it keeps
on restarting again and again. i thought it was beacuse may be ROM get corrupted
and when i will return home i will boot into recovery and reflash it.
but when i came back to home i put the phone down and then tried to go to the
recovery , it again start rebooting again and again. i was unable to stay in recovery for a
few seconds. it shows the revolutionary recovery but again it reboot and shows the
HTC logo and then again reboot after few seconds. then i thought may be clearing the memory will
make any effect but still when i cleared memory from bootloader i managed to clear it and it
didn't gave me bootloop in bootloader. but as soon as i tried to again boot back to recovery from bootloader menu
it again start rebooting abnormally. well i thought there may be problem with the battery but when i put charger
in again the phone led shows orange color charging and then phone again start rebooting
when the charger was plugged in.
but it stays in bootloader on. battery checked it is working right.
now can somedbody tell me is it hardware fault or there is something wrong with software ??
i called the LOCAL HTC center they say that there is an IC in the motherboard of phone
it is responsible for making boot properly and may be water has runied it.
well as per them the repair is not possbile now because they just replace the whole board they
don't solder the IC'S and moreover in india HTC has halted the production of motherboards they
are not avaliable no more.
well is this the end of my little fellow phone ?

Wasimk32
Old
Thanks Meter 1,028

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachoosaini View Post
well i recently dropped my HTC wildfire in water. I took it to the service center a local shop
and get it cleaned. but right on the shop when the engineer repaired it; it keeps
on restarting again and again. i thought it was beacuse may be ROM get corrupted
and when i will return home i will boot into recovery and reflash it.
but when i came back to home i put the phone down and then tried to go to the
recovery , it again start rebooting again and again. i was unable to stay in recovery for a
few seconds. it shows the revolutionary recovery but again it reboot and shows the
HTC logo and then again reboot after few seconds. then i thought may be clearing the memory will
make any effect but still when i cleared memory from bootloader i managed to clear it and it
didn't gave me bootloop in bootloader. but as soon as i tried to again boot back to recovery from bootloader menu
it again start rebooting abnormally. well i thought there may be problem with the battery but when i put charger
in again the phone led shows orange color charging and then phone again start rebooting
when the charger was plugged in.
but it stays in bootloader on. battery checked it is working right.
now can somedbody tell me is it hardware fault or there is something wrong with software ??
i called the LOCAL HTC center they say that there is an IC in the motherboard of phone
it is responsible for making boot properly and may be water has runied it.
well as per them the repair is not possbile now because they just replace the whole board they
don't solder the IC'S and moreover in india HTC has halted the production of motherboards they
are not avaliable no more.
well is this the end of my little fellow phone ?
The last thing i would suggest you is that to change recovery.try flashing some other recovery and see if it works.If the problem still persists,I'm afraid you'll have to give up on willy or buy a new second hand willy.Its pretty cheap these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wasimk32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sachoosaini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Well i will definitely try to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasimk32 View Post
The last thing i would suggest you is that to change recovery.try flashing some other recovery and see if it works.If the problem still persists,I'm afraid you'll have to give up on willy or buy a new second hand willy.Its pretty cheap these days.
well yeah i will try to do that i would be able to..can you tell me how to flash recovery from fast boot menu after connecting it with PC and re installing HBOOT drivers again. coz it was long ago that i had did it....

Wasimk32
Old
Thanks Meter 1,028

DONATE TO ME
Download any recovery in pc49img format and put it on the root of your sd card. Then turn the phone on in bootloader mode, follow instructions and you're done. No need to connect to PC.

sachoosaini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Donne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasimk32 View Post
Download any recovery in pc49img format and put it on the root of your sd card. Then turn the phone on in bootloader mode, follow instructions and you're done. No need to connect to PC.
My phone is alive again and it is working one of my friend has repaired it.