Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it difficult to port a Custom Rom From the T311 to the T211..??

Tip us?

LowaEastSide
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Default Is it difficult to port a Custom Rom From the T311 to the T211..??

Ok, I am kind of lost, I am not a Developer, However to me Personally doesn't seem to difficult to be able to take a Stock or even Custom Rom already running Great from the Galaxy Tab 3 T311 and have it run the same or even better on the Galaxy Tab 3 T211, I do Understand that theres much more things that should be considered besides the 1" size difference, but other than that both devices run 3g, can someone please enlighten us non kmowers, lol, cause our T211 section is like a GHOST town and would love to see it lite up like 42nd st in Manhattan on Christmas.. Thanks Muchhhhhh....
Retired: But keeping Because its a Classic ------>>>> G1, (Sold) G2, (Sold) My Touch, (Sold) HD 2, (Sold) HD 7, (Gave to my sister) Galaxy Tab P1000, (Sold) HP TouchPad, (Sold) Galaxy S2, (Sold) Galaxy S3, (Sold) Galaxy S4, (Sold) International Galaxy Tab 3 7' (T211), (Gave to my Wife) Note 2, International Galaxy Tab 3 8" T311 (Sold), --->>> Present Devices are the WONDERFUL ------->>>>> Note 3 & International Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" 4G/LTE (T325)...

C.L. 2 L.E.S..

lee_w
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by luchiano02@gmail.com View Post
Ok, I am kind of lost, I am not a Developer, However to me Personally doesn't seem to difficult to be able to take a Stock or even Custom Rom already running Great from the Galaxy Tab 3 T311 and have it run the same or even better on the Galaxy Tab 3 T211, I do Understand that theres much more things that should be considered besides the 1" size difference, but other than that both devices run 3g, can someone please enlighten us non kmowers, lol, cause our T211 section is like a GHOST town and would love to see it lite up like 42nd st in Manhattan on Christmas.. Thanks Muchhhhhh....
It is much more than just the size difference, the Tab3 range all use completely different CPUs and GPUs

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Processor: Marvell Technology Group PXA986
Graphics Adapter: Vivante GC1000+ Dual-Core

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Processor: Samsung Exynos 4212 1.5 GHz
Graphics Adapter: ARM Mali-400 MP4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Processor: Intel Atom Z2560
Graphics Adapter: PowerVR SGX544

LowaEastSide
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Default I Know its MUCH more than a size diffrence

I do understand that its more than just a size difference, I Know it has to do with Partitions, Kernels, DPI, CPU, GPU, However these other devices that have had totally different Roms for totally different devices ported into them. from what i have been reading in this forum is that theres a problem porting the Kernel, again i could be wrong. I cant Wait to flash something soon, cause this stock Rom SUCKSS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_w View Post
It is much more than just the size difference, the Tab3 range all use completely different CPUs and GPUs

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Processor: Marvell Technology Group PXA986
Graphics Adapter: Vivante GC1000+ Dual-Core

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Processor: Samsung Exynos 4212 1.5 GHz
Graphics Adapter: ARM Mali-400 MP4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Processor: Intel Atom Z2560
Graphics Adapter: PowerVR SGX544
Retired: But keeping Because its a Classic ------>>>> G1, (Sold) G2, (Sold) My Touch, (Sold) HD 2, (Sold) HD 7, (Gave to my sister) Galaxy Tab P1000, (Sold) HP TouchPad, (Sold) Galaxy S2, (Sold) Galaxy S3, (Sold) Galaxy S4, (Sold) International Galaxy Tab 3 7' (T211), (Gave to my Wife) Note 2, International Galaxy Tab 3 8" T311 (Sold), --->>> Present Devices are the WONDERFUL ------->>>>> Note 3 & International Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" 4G/LTE (T325)...

C.L. 2 L.E.S..