Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Should i be worried?

Tip us?

Po678
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Should i be worried?

i recently noticed backlight bleed at the bottom right of the screen with the help of backlight bleed test. I am not really worried since its in the bottom of the screen but should i be worried? Is that an indicator of future problems?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po678 View Post
i recently noticed backlight bleed at the bottom right of the screen with the help of backlight bleed test. I am not really worried since its in the bottom of the screen but should i be worried? Is that an indicator of future problems?
Some early builds had some nasty back light bleed that people posted pics of that, if you had the same thing, you wouldn't be asking what to do you'd know. I checked mine early on and at 100% brightness on a black background in a dark room I have some in the bottom right too. Since the odds of me looking at the display at 100% brightness in a dark room are pretty slim and it doesn't affect real world use I wouldn't exchange my otherwise perfect tablet for one that may be worse. I don't think any back lit LCD panel could pass the 100% brightness in a dark room test.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Po678
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Some early builds had some nasty back light bleed that people posted pics of that, if you had the same thing, you wouldn't be asking what to do you'd know. I checked mine early on and at 100% brightness on a black background in a dark room I have some in the bottom right too. Since the odds of me looking at the display at 100% brightness in a dark room are pretty slim and it doesn't affect real world use I wouldn't exchange my otherwise perfect tablet for one that may be worse. I don't think any back lit LCD panel could pass the 100% brightness in a dark room test.
Hmmm that makes sense....I got a moto g which has backlight bleed on its top :/ so i guess its common for all devices :/ wish there was a fix