5,815,133 Members 38,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post CM10.2 install

Tip us?

blindguyinanorgy
Old
(Last edited by blindguyinanorgy; 7th February 2014 at 05:43 PM.) Reason: correction
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question Post CM10.2 install

Normally when I flash my internal SD card info remains. After going from touchwiz 4.1.2 to CM 10.2 I lost all of that data. When I go to the storage settings it shows an avaiable space that is about what it should be if my data wasnt there, but those usage groupings dont see it.

Is there any chance that it is still there?

Also I seem to have lost CWM again. Am I doing something wrong when I flash that makes it go away?
I mostly am using my phone, which has bad search functionality. If i missed a previous thread get over it.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindguyinanorgy View Post
Normally when I flash my internal SD card info remains. After going from OTA 4.2 to CM 10.2 I lost all of that data. When I go to the storage settings it shows an avaiable space that is about what it should be if my data wasnt there, but those usage groupings dont see it.

Is there any chance that it is still there?

Also I seem to have lost CWM again. Am I doing something wrong when I flash that makes it go away?
With a file explorer, look in /data/media for your touchwiz 4.1.2 data then move it to /0/sdcard. Beginning with JB 4.2, Google introduced multi-user support into android so there is a /0 folder designating the primary user and an additional user on the device would be /1. Your internal storage is now /0/sdcard and anything from VRBMF1 4.1.2 is located in /data/media and is unseen by the system.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blindguyinanorgy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
thank you that worked!
I mostly am using my phone, which has bad search functionality. If i missed a previous thread get over it.
The Following User Says Thank You to blindguyinanorgy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
thank you that worked!
Great! Now, about your CWM question. What is going on? When you flash a custom rom, Cyanogen in this case, later booting into recovery takes you to....what exactly?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

blindguyinanorgy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
Great! Now, about your CWM question. What is going on? When you flash a custom rom, Cyanogen in this case, later booting into recovery takes you to....what exactly?

I cant get it to boot into recovery. It like its not there any more.

So I found my files and moved them using root explorer. I can see them in RE but when I connect to my computer I cant see them. Is there a refresh period or something?

blindguyinanorgy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
So I found my files and moved them using root explorer. I can see them in RE but when I connect to my computer I cant see them. Is there a refresh period or something?
There must be, because I can see a couple folders now. I dont remember it working like this before. Is there anyway to speed it up?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
I cant get it to boot into recovery. It like its not there any more.

Quote:
There must be, because I can see a couple folders now. I dont remember it working like this before. Is there anyway to speed it up?
Idk. I don't plug up my phone into my computer cuz I always use my sd card.

With the phone powered off, hold volume up, home, and power until it vibrates then let go of only the power button. What happens from there?

[last device]
Droid Incroyable

blindguyinanorgy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
With the phone powered off, hold volume up, home, and power until it vibrates then let go of only the power button. What happens from there?

Well that works. Am I going crazy? I dont remember having to hold the home button along with the up button.