Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS and Email application dependencies (I broke both of them)

Tip us?

SilverStone641
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default SMS and Email application dependencies (I broke both of them)

Well guys and gals, I got a little zealous with Titanium Backup and started removing items left and right (Nearly 60-70 items). SMS and the stock email app (not gmail) must have depended on one of these items because they now crash frequently. The SMS loads the main conversation overview, but crashes when I click into a specific conversation. I've routed my SMS through Hangouts for the time being. The Email app crashes whenever I click on a notification of new email or even try to swipe it away. If I launch the application after that, it will work once again.

Obviously it's hard to say what exactly I removed to cause such behavior. Is there any sort of dependency map or list that I might be able to compare against my currently installed items to determine what I'm missing? The alternative is to wait until a full root is possible then just reinstall a custom rom. I can probably tolerate my work-arounds until then.
Sarcasm. I haz it.
Git yerself a DropBox account!

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
You can use safe strap and install custom roms now!

To restore your stock build there is a thread titled "how to restore MJ5" if you want stock.

Next time remember to do a full backup with titanium before you go delete crazy lol! We all learn the hard way. Also I recommend "freezing" unwanted apps first! Run with it a few days to see how it performs. Then if you feel bold delete. But we've got enough space you really don't need to delete.