How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sim card error

OP shamelin73

21st January 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Sim card error
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssn713

Not saying that I doubt your results but... after getting the return authorization from at&t, I returned to stock (mdb) and allowed the phone to take the ota to mf3. I then checked for updates and went straight to mk2. Continued to get "sim not installed" error despite having the latest firmware.

Hope the op can replicate your results but it didn't work for me. Maybe the phone gods just hate me.

Turns out it did not work for me like I thought. Went a full week without an error and it started again. The phone gods hate both of us. It appears to be a common issue from the posts I've been reading.
21st January 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Naperville
Thanks Meter: 31

516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzkil

Gave you a new what, sim card or phone? I had this same issue with my S4, and it was because I had failed to stop the OTA update while rooted. The issue went from intermittent to toatally disabling my phone in a period of about 1 month. After one full week of without phone service due to no sim card found (rebooting no longer worked), I had to unroot and allow the OTA update to MK2 FW. My sim card issue immediately went away.

They gave me a new sim card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Naperville

516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just talked to a coworker that had the same phone he too is having this issue. I am just going to send to Samsung. They approved the RMA. I am not sure but with so many having this issue could it be a software glitch?

30th January 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Naperville

516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just got the phone back from Samsung. They sent me the same phone back and said they replaced the SIM tray.

Everything is working fine now.

30th January 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Naperville

516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bah same issue called Samsung they replaced the lcd by mistake.

10th February 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Naperville

516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just received the second phone back and they say they replaced the phone this time. I am not having issues and has been a day now with the new phone.

Just want to see if it is still unlocked as I have the same serial number and IMEI.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread