Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

ATT SM900MJ5 rooting experience

OP Vi3tDroidz

9th February 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoggs

Did this trip the Knox counter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

My knox still at 0x0. Like I said, for inexperience rooter like myself. I recommended using Odin for all you trouble since it verify your tar.md5 when you load it for flashing. Heimdall is also a good way of doing things, if you're good with ADB, and understand Linux. I use Odin whenever I can, unless the developer for a Roms, theme, install, etc require a different method.

We take risk when we root our phone, but that doesn't mean you can't choose the process that will minimize your risk. "Rooting is like having safe sex" . You take that .01% risk with a condom and look at all those babies in adoption. The same goes with your phone, and I can tell you there quite alot of Brickster out looking for help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vi3tDroidz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #12  
New York
Thanks Meter: 93

422 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi3tDroidz

My knox still at 0x0. Like I said, for inexperience rooter like myself. I recommended using Odin for all you trouble since it verify your tar.md5 when you load it for flashing. Heimdall is also a good way of doing things, if you're good with ADB, and understand Linux. I use Odin whenever I can, unless the developer for a Roms, theme, install, etc require a different method.

We take risk when we root our phone, but that doesn't mean you can't choose the process that will minimize your risk. "Rooting is like having safe sex" . You take that .01% risk with a condom and look at all those babies in adoption. The same goes with your phone, and I can tell you there quite alot of Brickster out looking for help.

Damn this sounds mighty tempting. Can you post a tutorial or a video in detail on how you managed to put a tmodile rom without tripping the Knox counter? Everyone will thank you for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
10th February 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #13  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 169

456 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s205702

why not using kingo root?

I've had my brand new Note 3 for 5 days now. I rooted with Kingo...with no problems and then used safestrap for recovery. Sure when it comes to rooting there is always a risk but for anyone to say Kingo can't be used. .. that isn't true. I did my own research and used it

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
10th February 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 26

130 posts
Yeah this needs some investigation if theres a way to load tmo stock firmware theres a chance u got an unlocked bootloader that would be a huge bounty for u and happy day for att note 3 users

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread