Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 50,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ATT SM900MJ5 rooting experience

Tip us?

Vi3tDroidz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoggs View Post
Did this trip the Knox counter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
My knox still at 0x0. Like I said, for inexperience rooter like myself. I recommended using Odin for all you trouble since it verify your tar.md5 when you load it for flashing. Heimdall is also a good way of doing things, if you're good with ADB, and understand Linux. I use Odin whenever I can, unless the developer for a Roms, theme, install, etc require a different method.

We take risk when we root our phone, but that doesn't mean you can't choose the process that will minimize your risk. "Rooting is like having safe sex" . You take that .01% risk with a condom and look at all those babies in adoption. The same goes with your phone, and I can tell you there quite alot of Brickster out looking for help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vi3tDroidz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lildoggs
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi3tDroidz View Post
My knox still at 0x0. Like I said, for inexperience rooter like myself. I recommended using Odin for all you trouble since it verify your tar.md5 when you load it for flashing. Heimdall is also a good way of doing things, if you're good with ADB, and understand Linux. I use Odin whenever I can, unless the developer for a Roms, theme, install, etc require a different method.

We take risk when we root our phone, but that doesn't mean you can't choose the process that will minimize your risk. "Rooting is like having safe sex" . You take that .01% risk with a condom and look at all those babies in adoption. The same goes with your phone, and I can tell you there quite alot of Brickster out looking for help.
Damn this sounds mighty tempting. Can you post a tutorial or a video in detail on how you managed to put a tmodile rom without tripping the Knox counter? Everyone will thank you for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rahsaanabdul
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by s205702 View Post
why not using kingo root?
I've had my brand new Note 3 for 5 days now. I rooted with Kingo...with no problems and then used safestrap for recovery. Sure when it comes to rooting there is always a risk but for anyone to say Kingo can't be used. .. that isn't true. I did my own research and used it

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

gtshiftin6
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Yeah this needs some investigation if theres a way to load tmo stock firmware theres a chance u got an unlocked bootloader that would be a huge bounty for u and happy day for att note 3 users

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app