FORUMS

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Issue concerning internal SD on my Rezound

6th February 2014, 12:03 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Started with original stock ICS
Unlocked, rooted, and installed CWM-t
Installed CM10.2 - 20131217 and manually flashed boot.img

The rom itself works fine. At first I had no access to the internal or external SD cards. After reseating the the external SD it started working and has ever since. (This puzzeled me because when plugged into my PC the external came up as a usable drive even when it wasn't working on the phone)

Now the internal SD will not mount at all. I went into CWM and tried reformatting and partitioning but the CWM reports that it can't find the internal SD. It did allow me to go through the motions of partitioning but no tangible results came of that. I was almost ready to 'live' with this until I realized that my camera and a few choice apps will not install or work at all without an internal SD.

I've read through a LOT on this site and some posts seem to touch on the subject but I can't formulate a clear path to a solution in my case which is why I'm starting this thread. Apparently I need to do the s-off procedure and then do some other stuff but I was thinking that perhaps there is a solution that will allow to keep things as they are now and just get my internal drive back to normal. If not, I'll go through whatever procedures are recommended.

Thanks in advance.
 
 
6th February 2014, 07:10 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 57
 
Donate to Me
More
I have the same problem. Sometime this weekend i will find a solution. Try using a different recovery then CWM.
7th February 2014, 04:58 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I’ve been having the same problems – I’m S-Off on Business Sense 4.0.3 – have to remove the external and reboot – sometimes several times. Has been happening for weeks, once it is recognized if I reboot or power off – it is gone again, I know because I lose all my settings, ringtones alarms and such. Have to pull the external and reboot, Yet the computer recognizes it fine. I was thinking it is a hardware issue – has been a real pain, made me consider getting something else, I’m tired of messing with this phone.
7th February 2014, 06:44 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'll be interested in your progress.

I guess to clarify my issue, would it be less of a hassle to go through the S-OFF procedure and perhaps go back to stock (if I can) then stay there? Or is there a way to solve this internal memory problem in my phones current state? If doing an S-OFF procedure and another step fixes the issue, that would be fine too of course. I see many different takes and procedures but I'm unclear as to how to proceed. I don't want to waste time and perhaps do unnecessary steps and procedures and flashes and whatnot which could increase my chances of bricking my only phone.
10th February 2014, 02:41 AM |#5  
REV3NT3CH's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oroville
Thanks Meter: 5,787
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeops

I'll be interested in your progress.

I guess to clarify my issue, would it be less of a hassle to go through the S-OFF procedure and perhaps go back to stock (if I can) then stay there? Or is there a way to solve this internal memory problem in my phones current state? If doing an S-OFF procedure and another step fixes the issue, that would be fine too of course. I see many different takes and procedures but I'm unclear as to how to proceed. I don't want to waste time and perhaps do unnecessary steps and procedures and flashes and whatnot which could increase my chances of bricking my only phone.

if you are s-off my downgrade upgrade guide will help fix your errors...s-on users cant do this...what it does is basically restore the whole factory layout...nothing a rom flash or recovery can do...it wont get rid of your s-off status but youll have to re root and install custom recovery
10th February 2014, 11:31 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH

if you are s-off my downgrade upgrade guide will help fix your errors...s-on users cant do this...what it does is basically restore the whole factory layout...nothing a rom flash or recovery can do...it wont get rid of your s-off status but youll have to re root and install custom recovery

OK. I can dig that. First off, as of today's date, what's the best method to use to S-OFF?: rumrunner or firewater. I happen to have both downloaded. Then, what's that link for your downgrade upgrade guide?
10th February 2014, 01:24 PM |#7  
Chillerman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Golden, CO
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeops

OK. I can dig that. First off, as of today's date, what's the best method to use to S-OFF?: rumrunner or firewater. I happen to have both downloaded. Then, what's that link for your downgrade upgrade guide?

Both should work for the Rezound as they are made by the same devs and are similar in nature. Try Firewater and let us know how it works. It won't hurt anything to try.


Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
10th February 2014, 04:51 PM |#8  
REV3NT3CH's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oroville
Thanks Meter: 5,787
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeops

OK. I can dig that. First off, as of today's date, what's the best method to use to S-OFF?: rumrunner or firewater. I happen to have both downloaded. Then, what's that link for your downgrade upgrade guide?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509770 make sure to follow each instruction carefully
10th February 2014, 05:53 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
First of all, I'd like to apologize to all of those folks who looked in this thread and rolled their eyes thinking another idiot didn't search the forums for the answers. I did search but the bottom line is, I didn't search good enough.

My problem is solved. I have the internal storage back because I just happened to look at this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2619828

I did do the rumrunner to do the S-OFF procedure because the Firewater instructions weren't ELI5 enough for me. Ran perfectly. Flashed LiquidSmooth. It's good. Memory is good. Life is good. Thanks for the help. This thread can die.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes