Ask a question

No registration required

At&t/ s3/i747

OP Xander98

10th February 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello community, I have looked for the stock Samsung s3 I747 AT&T firmware. I have found it but its a download from Hotfile, which has been shut down. I was wondering if the android forums could provide me with the Stock firmware? I plan on using Odin3 in installing the firmware. This is why I am wanting to do this, it appears I am stuck on edge network. I have manually set the phone to use 4g and 3g it still reverts back to edge. This occurred after I updated to 4.3, so my plan is to install stock firmware and re-do the 4.3 update maybe something went wrong somewhere during the update. If you have other suggestions other than trying to install the initial stock firmware, I am open to anything.
10th February 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 410

1,742 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander98

Hello community, I have looked for the stock Samsung s3 I747 AT&T firmware. I have found it but its a download from Hotfile, which has been shut down. I was wondering if the android forums could provide me with the Stock firmware? I plan on using Odin3 in installing the firmware. This is why I am wanting to do this, it appears I am stuck on edge network. I have manually set the phone to use 4g and 3g it still reverts back to edge. This occurred after I updated to 4.3, so my plan is to install stock firmware and re-do the 4.3 update maybe something went wrong somewhere during the update. If you have other suggestions other than trying to install the initial stock firmware, I am open to anything.

You'll have to have a look in development. Since you already took the 4.3 update, you can no longer "start with stock and redo the update". You will hard brick. AT&T was not nice enough to provide an ODIN flashable 4.3 rom. In development or general is a custom recovery flashable ROM that should help you out, but that is assuming you have a rooted and custom recovery phone. If not, there should be someone along to help.
10th February 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed

You'll have to have a look in development. Since you already took the 4.3 update, you can no longer "start with stock and redo the update". You will hard brick. AT&T was not nice enough to provide an ODIN flashable 4.3 rom. In development or general is a custom recovery flash able ROM that should help you out, but that is assuming you have a rooted and custom recovery phone. If not, there should be someone along to help.

Re-installing the stock update probably wouldn't help me anyhow. This phone has had a IMEI repair, assuming this is the problem now.

The phone, after a re-boot will do 4g, well at least it shows the 4g emblem, then shortly after it will go to edge. Some people I talked to said it could be a weak antenna or some other hardware issue. I think it has to do with the IMEI repair! Well I guess this phone is garbage, its a shame, it looks brand new, my fault for going the craigslist route
10th February 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #4  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 994

3,141 posts
More
When you say IMEI repair, you mean the IMEI was injected into the phone using NV writer?
10th February 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
self aouncil
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

When you say IMEI repair, you mean the IMEI was injected into the phone using NV writer?

Yes. I did not do this myself.

However, I did find another program well actually two programs, QCN Generator and DanX which I created a back up and injected the IMEI number into my back up QCN bin myself. With no luck I am still a 2g AT&T user.

I am thinking that the original QCN back up (the initial) was corrupted or something.

Is there anyway to rebuild a QCN? lets say, someone has a back up of a Sammy g3, and I injected my IMEI to a spare QCN. Does that make any sense? sorry still learning, I have learned this with in 24hrs, I am a Xbox 360 Rooter, not an android guru.

I bought the phone from craigslist, which was a bad idea in the first place. So I am now stuck with this paper weight, I have managed to get this phone in at least a working state. I wish to get 3 or 4g back on the phone. I can re-boot it will show 4g with 3 bars then will drop to one and go back up to 3 bars, then drop to 2,1 then it will then automatically switch to edge. I know this is a 4g area, maybe not LTE, but 4g. I have changed APN settings, also manually set the phone to GSM and WCMDA, Still working on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread