Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

At&t/ s3/i747

Tip us?

Xander98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default At&t/ s3/i747

Hello community, I have looked for the stock Samsung s3 I747 AT&T firmware. I have found it but its a download from Hotfile, which has been shut down. I was wondering if the android forums could provide me with the Stock firmware? I plan on using Odin3 in installing the firmware. This is why I am wanting to do this, it appears I am stuck on edge network. I have manually set the phone to use 4g and 3g it still reverts back to edge. This occurred after I updated to 4.3, so my plan is to install stock firmware and re-do the 4.3 update maybe something went wrong somewhere during the update. If you have other suggestions other than trying to install the initial stock firmware, I am open to anything.

pre4speed
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander98 View Post
Hello community, I have looked for the stock Samsung s3 I747 AT&T firmware. I have found it but its a download from Hotfile, which has been shut down. I was wondering if the android forums could provide me with the Stock firmware? I plan on using Odin3 in installing the firmware. This is why I am wanting to do this, it appears I am stuck on edge network. I have manually set the phone to use 4g and 3g it still reverts back to edge. This occurred after I updated to 4.3, so my plan is to install stock firmware and re-do the 4.3 update maybe something went wrong somewhere during the update. If you have other suggestions other than trying to install the initial stock firmware, I am open to anything.
You'll have to have a look in development. Since you already took the 4.3 update, you can no longer "start with stock and redo the update". You will hard brick. AT&T was not nice enough to provide an ODIN flashable 4.3 rom. In development or general is a custom recovery flashable ROM that should help you out, but that is assuming you have a rooted and custom recovery phone. If not, there should be someone along to help.

Xander98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed View Post
You'll have to have a look in development. Since you already took the 4.3 update, you can no longer "start with stock and redo the update". You will hard brick. AT&T was not nice enough to provide an ODIN flashable 4.3 rom. In development or general is a custom recovery flash able ROM that should help you out, but that is assuming you have a rooted and custom recovery phone. If not, there should be someone along to help.

Re-installing the stock update probably wouldn't help me anyhow. This phone has had a IMEI repair, assuming this is the problem now.

The phone, after a re-boot will do 4g, well at least it shows the 4g emblem, then shortly after it will go to edge. Some people I talked to said it could be a weak antenna or some other hardware issue. I think it has to do with the IMEI repair! Well I guess this phone is garbage, its a shame, it looks brand new, my fault for going the craigslist route

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 420
When you say IMEI repair, you mean the IMEI was injected into the phone using NV writer?

Xander98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default self aouncil

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
When you say IMEI repair, you mean the IMEI was injected into the phone using NV writer?
Yes. I did not do this myself.

However, I did find another program well actually two programs, QCN Generator and DanX which I created a back up and injected the IMEI number into my back up QCN bin myself. With no luck I am still a 2g AT&T user.

I am thinking that the original QCN back up (the initial) was corrupted or something.

Is there anyway to rebuild a QCN? lets say, someone has a back up of a Sammy g3, and I injected my IMEI to a spare QCN. Does that make any sense? sorry still learning, I have learned this with in 24hrs, I am a Xbox 360 Rooter, not an android guru.

I bought the phone from craigslist, which was a bad idea in the first place. So I am now stuck with this paper weight, I have managed to get this phone in at least a working state. I wish to get 3 or 4g back on the phone. I can re-boot it will show 4g with 3 bars then will drop to one and go back up to 3 bars, then drop to 2,1 then it will then automatically switch to edge. I know this is a 4g area, maybe not LTE, but 4g. I have changed APN settings, also manually set the phone to GSM and WCMDA, Still working on it.