[Q] rooting Xperia Sola with bin4ry method (for ICS version 6.1.1.B.1.54)

OP jbmkawaii

10th February 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Hello everyone, I came from bin4ry's rooting thread for Xperia Phones.
link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
Im planning to ROOT my Xperia Sola Phone. But my firmware is version 6.1.1.B.1.54
Some people reported that this version wont work unless I re-flash my Sola to version 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel

But this post is more than 1 Year Ago. There are several bin4ry versions that has been released since then....
My question is, is the new version of bin4ry (currently v33) capable of rooting my device without the need of re-flashing to to version 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel

Has this limitation been fixed already? If not, can you please help me on how I can re-flash my Xperia Sola firmware to 6.1.1.B.1.10 ?
I prefer rooting method that won't require me to delete my phone's data but if there's no other choice, then so be it.

I wanted to post this question directly in bin4ry's forum thread but I'm not a developer so I cannot post a reply there

Quote:

From: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post37675118

Quote: Originally Posted by gerstavros View Post
It's written 10 million times that you must unlock bootloader first
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil_ View Post
not working for me, i have xperia sola with Firmware 6.1.1.B.1.54
I follow the instructions, everything goes well. But after restart i check with root checker app, and it says: "Sorry! This device does not have proper root access."
Any help guys? :?

1. Flash .599 kernel first.
2. Proceed with the instructions in the 1st post.
3. Flash .54 kernel.

If you are on the Build 6.1.1.B.1.54: Flash the 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel , do the root then reflash the 6.1.1.B.1.54 Kernel.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread