Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

bricked? Help understanding s1tool output (Hard bricked?)

OP ostatit

28th January 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmG67

I don't know if you need to glue it, maybe you could even use some tape to stick it, roughly in the same place where the old one was attached, if that was attached at all.

alright, I will consider, thanks!
Quote:

Secondly: What about the sim-lock? Do you mean it's locked to one particular provider, without accepting other sim-cards? Or do you mean the code you have to fill in before the phone is booted up?

well, it asks for a
"SIM network unlock PIN"...
28th January 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 844

2,099 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostatit

alright, I will consider, thanks!

well, it asks for a
"SIM network unlock PIN"...

Right... that is a sim-lock... either use a sim-card from the provider the phone is locked to, or ask that provider for an emma/imei code in order to unlock it. This is usually free after the initial contract period. The only other way is to use a paid service to unlock it.
28th January 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:

Right... that is a sim-lock... either use a sim-card from the provider the phone is locked to, or ask that provider for an emma/imei code in order to unlock it. This is usually free after the initial contract period. The only other way is to use a paid service to unlock it.

Verdammt, ok... Point is, I got the phone in a "flohmarkt", so I have really no idea of the provider.
Cheeky question: are the ones you mentioned the only possible solutions, or is it possible that there is some "grey zone" way to do the job, described around the internet, which I shall look for by myself?
28th January 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #14  

2,099 posts
More
Quote:

Verdammt, ok... Point is, I got the phone in a "flohmarkt", so I have really no idea of the provider.
Cheeky question: are the ones you mentioned the only possible solutions, or is it possible that there is some "grey zone" way to do the job, described around the internet, which I shall look for by myself?

It can be done over the internet, but everyone who offers that service will demand money for it. The only really free way ( and the safest way if you want to unlock the bootloader and play with custom kernels and roms ) is the code from the provider. There isn't some sort of logo or sticker inside that will identify the provider? Come to think of it, there should be a model-sticker inside with an SI number on it in the format of: 1238-2562 (that's my number, SE original Customised UK black ) One of those two numbers is usually a provider-code you can look up on the internet. I wish you good luck

(And flohmarkt is german for flee-market (usually american english), or car-bootsale (more commonly used in the UK)
28th January 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:

It can be done over the internet, but everyone who offers that service will demand money for it. The only really free way ( and the safest way if you want to unlock the bootloader and play with custom kernels and roms ) is the code from the provider. There isn't some sort of logo or sticker inside that will identify the provider? Come to think of it, there should be a model-sticker inside with an SI number on it in the format of: 1238-2562 (that's my number, SE original Customised UK black ) One of those two numbers is usually a provider-code you can look up on the internet. I wish you good luck

(And flohmarkt is german for flee-market (usually american english), or car-bootsale (more commonly used in the UK)

Well mate, again many thanks for all the pieces of valuable informations you provided... just found that my SI is 1238-8583, which is (googling not too far away from here ) Mobilkom A1 AT/Black. I am going to visit them ...

(ah, yeah, sure flohmarkt is german... I did not mean to hurt anybody with the germanism, I just thought it was used abroad too, like e.g. "doppelgaenger". Btw I am not german mother language )
5th February 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:

Well mate, again many thanks for all the pieces of valuable informations you provided... just found that my SI is 1238-8583, which is (googling not too far away from here ) Mobilkom A1 AT/Black. I am going to visit them ...

(ah, yeah, sure flohmarkt is german... I did not mean to hurt anybody with the germanism, I just thought it was used abroad too, like e.g. "doppelgaenger". Btw I am not german mother language )

unbelievable... Here in Austria A1 demands 50 euros for unlocking a 2 years old mobile (with receipt), or 150 euros without receipt (indipendently from the age). this is unreasonable. Is this legal? Has anybody suggestions? Thanks
Last edited by ostatit; 5th February 2014 at 11:43 AM.
5th February 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #17  

2,099 posts
More
Quote:

unbelievable... Here in Austria A1 demands 50 euros for unlocking a 2 years old mobile (with receipt), or 150 euros without receipt (indipendently from the age). this is unreasonable. Is this legal? Has anybody suggestions? Thanks

I have no idea if that is legal, but since the Austrian government isn't reprimanding them I guess they are within the legal limits of doing so. The 'normal' thing to do though, is to do it for free after the initial contract period is over, since the phone is paid off by then, and there's really no need to keep it tied to your own network.

I can somewhat understand the difference between the receipt and non-receipt prices, they don't want to make it worth while for stolen phones to be used any longer. (Not that i'm saying your phone is stolen, but they can't know without the receipt).

I suggested doing it through them because it is usually free, but since you'll have to pay for it, You could try something like Omnius. They are a paid service, but they should be cheaper than the provider in this case.
5th February 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:

The 'normal' thing to do though, is to do it for free after the initial contract period is over, since the phone is paid off by then, and there's really no need to keep it tied to your own network.

well, that would have really made sense...

Quote:

I suggested doing it through them because it is usually free,

actually, it is like that in quite a lot of countries (after a couple of years): in a quick search I have read that also for Switzerland, Italy, ...

Quote:

You could try something like Omnius. They are a paid service, but they should be cheaper than the provider in this case.

Alright, thanks again!
(Still, I think that 50 euros to let people use a 3-year old mobile phone is quite a nice present to phone makers...)
5th February 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #19  

2,099 posts
More
Quote:

(Still, I think that 50 euros to let people use a 3-year old mobile phone is quite a nice present to phone makers...)

Not to the phone-makers, a nice present to themselves, making money of a phone that's already paid for, and the only thing they have to do in return is e-mail a code they've got stored in a database.

They are hoping you'll go for a new phone (and contract) which would make a nice present for them AND a phone-maker It's win-win for them, apart from the fact that you're now pissed off and will never go for them as a provider in your life
10th February 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #20  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:

Not to the phone-makers, a nice present to themselves, making money of a phone that's already paid for, and the only thing they have to do in return is e-mail a code they've got stored in a database.

They are hoping you'll go for a new phone (and contract) which would make a nice present for them AND a phone-maker It's win-win for them, apart from the fact that you're now pissed off and will never go for them as a provider in your life

very bad news from my small mobile phone

I had always had the feeling that I assemblied quite fast and not really well, so I decided to open it again and fix the ribbon with some glue... long story short, it does not work at all! No reaction at power on button, no reaction on linux (lsusb used to show a device, when the ribbon was broken), no reaction from s1tool... I fear I really broke something, this time... do you still have some suggestion for this case of "no response at all"? I actually don't think I ruined the ribbon with the glue (which was my first guess), but I don't know what to consider now...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread