Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I root/super cid/s-off a 4.2.2 Sense 5 HTC One X?

Tip us?
 
evh98
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 26
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Liverpool
Exclamation How do I root/super cid/s-off a 4.2.2 Sense 5 HTC One X?

My friend would like to install the latest version of Cyanogenmod on his HTC One X running on Android 4.2.2 w/ Sense 5. The issue is, I'm only experienced with Nexus devices, and so I'm not familiar with terms such as 'super cid' and 's-off', so any help would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
 
donkyshot
Old
(Last edited by donkyshot; 4th February 2014 at 08:00 PM.)
#2  
donkyshot's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 111
Posts: 220
Join Date: Dec 2011
First of all, check the faq http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38702147
There's no diy s-off for one x.
Latest official cyanogenmod is 11, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48786215 still in early nightly development, expect a lot of bugs as stated in the op. I wouldn't recommend it to your friend for daily use, HTC is no nexus by far.
 
rudresh128631
Old
(Last edited by rudresh128631; 7th February 2014 at 07:17 PM.)
#3  
rudresh128631's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 31
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: davangere
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh98 View Post
My friend would like to install the latest version of Cyanogenmod on his HTC One X running on Android 4.2.2 w/ Sense 5. The issue is, I'm only experienced with Nexus devices, and so I'm not familiar with terms such as 'super cid' and 's-off', so any help would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
i hope this will help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2031359. there is no s-off yet. you have to unlock bootloader via htcdev.com to install custom recoveries. also check this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069904 for rooting and other guides.
The Following User Says Thank You to rudresh128631 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
evh98
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 26
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudresh128631 View Post
i hope this will help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2031359. there is no s-off yet. you have to unlock bootloader via htcdev.com to install custom recoveries. also check this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069904 for rooting and other guides.
If there is no S-OFF, does that mean I cannot install CM on it?
 
Mr Hofs
Old
#5  
Mr Hofs's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8198
Posts: 13,453
Join Date: Sep 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
You do not need s-off to install custom roms ! Please read some stickies with guidelines
 
rudresh128631
Old
#6  
rudresh128631's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 31
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: davangere
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh98 View Post
If there is no S-OFF, does that mean I cannot install CM on it?
search, read, reread. you can install CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies (4.4) on s-on devices.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more