Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Attempting FIREWATER on VZ 4.3 w/ MAC: cannot find phone in fastboot [SOLVED]

Tip us?

-XIV-
Old
(Last edited by -XIV-; 10th February 2014 at 08:38 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Attempting FIREWATER on VZ 4.3 w/ MAC: cannot find phone in fastboot [SOLVED]

I'm attempting to use FIREWATER to ROOT my phone because I do not like the changes of 4.4.

I have a Mac and attempting to prepare to use FIREWATER to get my phone S-Off/rooted but when I'm in terminal, I cannot get my phone to show up when prompting "./fastboot devices."

I followed this video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0MyTvgfO7s#t=433

Any help would be appreciated

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2713
Quote:
Originally Posted by -XIV- View Post
I'm attempting to use FIREWATER to ROOT my phone because I do not like the changes of 4.4.

I have a Mac and attempting to prepare to use FIREWATER to get my phone S-Off/rooted but when I'm in terminal, I cannot get my phone to show up when prompting "./fastboot devices."

I followed this video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0MyTvgfO7s#t=433

Any help would be appreciated
Are you in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB (screenshot attached)? ./fastboot devices only works in bootloader

./adb devices only works in custom recovery or booted up phone (with USB debugging enabled)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3- hboot 1.44.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	2570590  
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-XIV-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Are you in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB (screenshot attached)? ./fastboot devices only works in bootloader

./adb devices only works in custom recovery or booted up phone (with USB debugging enabled)
I was in "fastboot" after I did "hold down volume and power button"

I've been trying to figure out how to make sure i have "USB debugging enabled" when this HTC One doesn't give me the option flat out in settings like my previous Androids did (HTC Rezound, Galaxy S3, Thunderbolt, etc.)

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2713
Quote:
I was in "fastboot" after I did "hold down volume and power button"

I've been trying to figure out how to make sure i have "USB debugging enabled" when this HTC One doesn't give me the option flat out in settings like my previous Androids did (HTC Rezound, Galaxy S3, Thunderbolt, etc.)
go to Settings -> About -> Software information -> More -> and press build number 8 times, the dev options will show up
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-XIV-
Old
(Last edited by -XIV-; 10th February 2014 at 07:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
go to Settings -> About -> Software information -> More -> and press build number 8 times, the dev options will show up
Wow. Feel like an idiot that I did not know this...

But have that and I'm in the menu you screenshooted. I attempted "./adb reboot" but still not picking up device. It did list a random # though when I did "./fastboot devices" to see if it showed it's connecting.

Edit: Do I select "bootloader" from the list?

2nd Edit: I'VE COMPLETED THIS!! I'M NOW S-OFF and UNLOCKED!!! Thanks so much!!

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2713
Quote:
2nd Edit: I'VE COMPLETED THIS!! I'M NOW S-OFF and UNLOCKED!!! Thanks so much!!
Congrats mate, welcome to the dark side

please edit main thread title to include [SOLVED]