5,814,797 Members 50,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen protector in the box?

Tip us?

banvetor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Screen protector in the box?

Hi all,

I absolutely just got my Z1c (didn't even turn it on yet), and the first thing that called my attention is that there is a screen protector on the box... so, a few questions:

1) Does this mean that there is no screen protector already installed on the screen?

2) Is it worth installing it or not? I've read that on the regular Z1, the protector is only for shatter protection, but is actually not scratch resistant... if this is also the case for the Z1c, I guess that I will do without the protector... any other reason to install it?

PS: this baby just arrived after pre-ordering it at Sony Mobile Italia...

Thanks,
Leo.

louis0815
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Put it on, should it ever be scratched it is way easier to replace than the original anti-shatter-film mounted on the display panel. And don't forget to protect the back as well, it's only plastic...

----------
tapatalked from Android
Ready for an adventure? Come on board and find out...
(no sailing experience required - feel free to ask me for details or check out the homepage)

monoelectron
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default urriki out

i almost forgot about that. was too excited to finally be getting a proper phone to be looking at what was in the box.

if you look up where the notification light is, and hold it against the light in a certain way you should be able to see it. they did a neat job of it. i still dont understand why it is there really. if my screen shatters im not going to be able to use the phone any more. maybe they are worried about glass going all my pocket if i break it. umm thanks sony. how thoughtful of you