Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 38,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Data Freezes - 3G/LTE Switching?

Tip us?

the_mig
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default [Q] Data Freezes - 3G/LTE Switching?

I recently updated to Kit Kat and flashed latest firmware and radio. I'm having a problem where data seems to freeze and won't connect at times. I can see the 3G data up and down arrows trying to connect, but it just never makes a connection. I can go into airplane mode and then back to service and it connects right away, usually to LTE, so I'm thinking it has something to do with the switch from 3G to LTE. Super frustrating as I drive around the city a lot for work and sometimes data freezes for 15 minutes or more. Anyone having similar issues?

ROM: SuperOneK
Firmware: 4.06.651.4
Radio: 1.00.20.1108
PRL: 55017
Device: HTC One

_sunz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Same - Stuck on 3G for Data

I am having similar issue. I think it does have something to do with switching to LTE. My device now only really works with 3G. whenver i'm connected to lte no data is transfered but it says im connected and says data is transfering. I 've unfortunately resolved to just using 3G only. It's pretty sad. I went from a healthy use of data on 4G to barely using it. i think i had a few hundred KB this month. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Scorpion360
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also have this issue, it has been more and more prevalent lately. The phone will be working fine on 3G, then data freezes as it switches to 4G, maybe resumes for a split second, then switches back to 3G. Sometimes 3G doesn't even work then, sometimes it keeps looping between the two. It's ridiculously frustrating to be streaming music while driving and it just stops because it can't figure out which mode to be in.