Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Has my Samsung GS2X become bricked?

Tip us?

daddiorc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Has my Samsung GS2X become bricked?

Started acting up last week when I noticed it restarted on it's own, but didn't fire back up right away. Instead it went into a reboot cycle for almost an hour (doesn't make it passed the Samsung splash screen). Then it just fixed itself and I was able to access everything as normal.

Once it was going again, I backed up all my info and did a factory reset and proceeded to re-load Jellybean (4.0.2?). Although Kies said I was already up-to-date and didn't do anything.

Anyway, worked fine for a week until yesterday when it went into the continuous reboot cycle, and never fully turned on again.

I have pictures and vids I would like to somehow recover (on phone and not on SD card), but I have no idea how to get the phone to start up. I have removed my SIM and memory card to see if that did anything. Also have done numerous hard resets (pull the battery and lock + vol down combo). It basically just kills the battery as it cycle reboots. Every few minutes, it will fire up again but still doesn't make it past the Samsung splash page. And when the phone is charging, it just doesn't turn on in general and just intermittently vibrates to try to start-up.

Dunno how I would even be able to flash the ROM (newb at this) since the phone doesn't stay on long enough to access the BIOS of the phone. Does this seem like a software or hardware issue? I bought this phone 2nd hand off Craigs about 2 years ago, so no idea if it was a refurb.

Has anyone experienced this and can direct me to somewhere so I can fix it? Or is it a goner and I should just move on to another phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Its likely a stuck power button. Search here or Google for treatments.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

dom2684
Old
Thanks Meter 24
it sounds like a problem I had once

Galaxy S2 Wont boot anymore

one option was to disassemble teh phone and check the power button , someone recommended I use an eraser to tap the power button and see if that would unlodge it and to my relief that worked. You might want to try that first