Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 40,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Optimus 2x battery kernel

Tip us?

luka.kopricanec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Optimus 2x battery kernel

Hello.

I'm looking for really good kernel for my phone. I've 2.6.39.4 kowalski-exp and battery life was horrible. I used my phone for 4h and now it's on 19%. Can someone tell me some really good kernel that supports Jelly bean and good battery life? Please help

stv0309
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Can you post your battery usage screen shot or if you have BBS installed please screenshot of BBS? That 4 hours phone usage that you are mentioning, is that 4 hours of voice call or 4 hours browsing? or what? If it is 4 hours with screen on with WIFI or 3G on all the time I think that is reasonable. I am using kowalski kernel and I have reasonable battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka.kopricanec View Post
Hello.

I'm looking for really good kernel for my phone. I've 2.6.39.4 kowalski-exp and battery life was horrible. I used my phone for 4h and now it's on 19%. Can someone tell me some really good kernel that supports Jelly bean and good battery life? Please help
The Following User Says Thank You to stv0309 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luka.kopricanec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv0309 View Post
Can you post your battery usage screen shot or if you have BBS installed please screenshot of BBS? That 4 hours phone usage that you are mentioning, is that 4 hours of voice call or 4 hours browsing? or what? If it is 4 hours with screen on with WIFI or 3G on all the time I think that is reasonable. I am using kowalski kernel and I have reasonable battery life.
I used wifi for about 1h. Maybe less, don't know. I played a game for maybe 2h. On original rom battery was way better, but ICS on Optimus 2x really sucks. So much lag, can't even open facebook in less than 10 sec.

xperia u20i
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka.kopricanec View Post
I used wifi for about 1h. Maybe less, don't know. I played a game for maybe 2h. On original rom battery was way better, but ICS on Optimus 2x really sucks. So much lag, can't even open facebook in less than 10 sec.
if you play games 2h that is not horrible battery life...i recommend you latest tonyp build cm11 from 20. 01.2014 and latest penguss77 alpha 31...for me that is best combination ever...no such cm10.2, simply the best,forget about ICS and JB, kitkat is miles away better than them,in almost every segment, it has very low memory usage and good optimization...thats my opinion.bye
The Following User Says Thank You to xperia u20i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luka.kopricanec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperia u20i View Post
if you play games 2h that is not horrible battery life...i recommend you latest tonyp build cm11 from 20. 01.2014 and latest penguss77 alpha 31...for me that is best combination ever...no such cm10.2, simply the best,forget about ICS and JB, kitkat is miles away better than them,in almost every segment, it has very low memory usage and good optimization...thats my opinion.bye
Thanks for advice) I'll try CM11. Hope it will work better

xperia u20i
Old
Thanks Meter 77
We are all here to help each other...try and tell results

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
LG Optimus 4X
Tegra variant 3(0x2)
Official CM
iodak v10/stock CM
CWM 6.0.4.4
LGP880AT-00-V20b-EUR-XXX-JUL-17-2013
The Following User Says Thank You to xperia u20i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luka.kopricanec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperia u20i View Post
We are all here to help each other...try and tell results

I've installed KK rom but I can't find working gapps for it. Do you've link for yours?

xperia u20i
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Mini gapps are in the ROM,i didn't install gapps after i installed ROM...just make full wipe install ROM then kernel wait to boot,wait aprox 5 min then restart again and you are ready to go :thumbup:

LG Optimus 4X
Tegra variant 3(0x2)
Official CM
iodak v10/stock CM
CWM 6.0.4.4
LGP880AT-00-V20b-EUR-XXX-JUL-17-2013