Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TF201 on 10.2: happy but two questions

Tip us?

tp6060
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregr1ne View Post
I surely cannot be the only one facing these issues?
Is there really no one that can tell me has tips for me?
Same here. Power button and lock button work for some time after reboot. But touchpad disabling does not work at all.

I think I did not see it w/ 10.1 and not with early 10.2.

Peregr1ne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Touchpad enable/disable works for me, only the lock-button doesn't work.

tp6060
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregr1ne View Post
Touchpad enable/disable works for me, only the lock-button doesn't work.
You'll probably get it to work if you take it away from the dock and use vol down and up buttons for a couple of times. For me it helps and after that the lock works for some time.

ahw609
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just installed the latest CM 10.2 UNOFFICIAL on Saturday night. Started with the official 4.1.1 JB from ASUS (10.4.2.18), unlocked, made NVFLASH recoveries, flashed TWRP 2.6.3, then flashed the CM ROM. Works great, including the power button. Don't have the keyboard dock, so can't speak to those problems. Only real issue for us was make sure you clear all the stuff before you flash the ROM (and we did it again after as well).

Enjoy.

Lavman72
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Cm 10.2 gapps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahw609 View Post
Just installed the latest CM 10.2 UNOFFICIAL on Saturday night. Started with the official 4.1.1 JB from ASUS (10.4.2.18), unlocked, made NVFLASH recoveries, flashed TWRP 2.6.3, then flashed the CM ROM. Works great, including the power button. Don't have the keyboard dock, so can't speak to those problems. Only real issue for us was make sure you clear all the stuff before you flash the ROM (and we did it again after as well).

Enjoy.
Quick question....just unlocked my TP tonight, made all necessary backups, and want to flash the same CM 10.2 that you mentioned. Does the Rom come with GAPPS? I've read in the past that CM Roms don't include GAPPS. If not, how did you install/load them?

Thanks.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337)
Transformer Prime

ahw609
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You are correct - the CM ROM needs the GAPPS loaded as well. Once I had the recovery module in I loaded the ROM and GAPPS together. The version I used was gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip. Also it seems that TWRP likes to have the md5 checksums there as well. I seem to recall I got the checksum file for gapps along with the zip, but I had to generate my own for the CM ROM.

Lavman72
Old
(Last edited by Lavman72; 8th February 2014 at 06:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks for the response. Downloaded gapps, and will give it a shot. I've got the Flatline recovery utility installed (and not TWRP). Not sure if one is better than the other, graphical presentation aside.
Transformer Prime

Lavman72
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavman72 View Post
Thanks for the response. Downloaded gapps, and will give it a shot. I've got the Flatline recovery utility installed (and not TWRP). Not sure if one is better than the other, graphical presentation aside.
Update: Installed TWRP, flashed CWM 4.3.1 CM-10.2 Cyanogenmod 10.2 Unofficial. So far so good. Haven't really noticed or experienced the "new tablet" feeling that has been mentioned just yet. I'll give it a few days to settle in.
Transformer Prime