Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,783 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrade from MJ7?

Tip us?

TerminaMorte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Upgrade from MJ7?

Currently running MJ7 rooted with stock recovery (on boot it shows an unlocked lock with the word "Custom", which I don't believe means my bootloader is unlocked)

I've been waiting in the hopes that someone would find a solution for custom recovery, wondering if it's worth waiting on this build or if I should just allow the OTA to upgrade me

douger1957
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminaMorte View Post
Currently running MJ7 rooted with stock recovery (on boot it shows an unlocked lock with the word "Custom", which I don't believe means my bootloader is unlocked)

I've been waiting in the hopes that someone would find a solution for custom recovery, wondering if it's worth waiting on this build or if I should just allow the OTA to upgrade me

Nope. It doesn't mean your bootloader is unlocked at all.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy 4 Hyperdrive ROM RLS 14 Safestrapped on MK2 Base

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminaMorte View Post

They're very similar builds, the only downgrade you can actually do is MK2 to MJ7. So it doesn't matter which build you're on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar