some rooting help PLEASE
Ok i would like to help andro vista for the help he has given me, but he is gone to bed due to time in India.
I followed AV's instructions
Amazon Kindle Fire First Gen ('otter' is the codename)
You are running stock.
By rooting you do not get updated to the latest version of android.
You get access to the system files though.
Here are the steps.
1) ensure your battery is at least 90% before doing all this.
2) go and download kfu 0.9.9
3) extract it to your desktop
4) open the folder and run install-drivers.bat
5) install the drivers
6) now install the drivers
7) open the run. Bat file
8) now connect the kindle to the computer
9) if you installed the drivers correctly then under the options it should show
Adb Status nline
Boot Status: 4000
10) select option 2- install permanent root with superuser
THIS WILL NOT UPGRADE THE ANDROID VERSION!
WAIT DUDE GO BELOW
11) now the device should reboot after booting into a recovery.
12) Do this step only AFTER IT BOOT NORMALLY, THAT IS, TO THE LOCK SCREEN
Go to run.bat and select option 3 - install latest TWRP recovery
After it reboots go to the lock screen
Now shut the device down. Switch it on. Yes don't panic, the kindle fire logo is blue! At this point again push the power button. It should cycle through a list. Release the button when it says recovery.
It will not you into a cool gray screen. On the top, make due it says 18.104.22.168
IF YES, go to reboot button
Now no need to press the button
Time to transfer files!
13)This is the OS I made. Download it. This is the latest KitKat operating system.
Put it in the downloads folder of the kindle. Make sure the download is complete.
DO NOT EXTRACT THE ZIP FILE
14) shut the kindle down and then boot in recovery.
15) in recovery, click backup. Select all partitions on the left.
Swipe to backup
The back up will take time. This completely stores all your OS files and data.
16) go to home by clicking the icon in the top right.
17) go to wipe and select advanced wipe.
18) select all OTHER THAN SDCARD
this wipes all your data and the operating system. It is very necessary
19) now go home
20) click install
21) go to the downloads folder and select the file you just put in download
The infriction one
22) select it and swipe to confirm flash!
23) wait. After its done select reboot system
24) after the blue kindle fire logo, notice any difference! That's the in friction bout animation! It goes of screen at first but comes back properly. Wait some time!
You have installed latest android KitKat! And g Google play store! Download your UK apps!
If you have any doubts/queries fell free to all me!
Everything was fine until i got to step 15 backup and the kindle got stuck backing up.
So he said to install flashify.
I got confused by this and thought (extremely stupidly) that I could retry flashing it, by restoring the kindle to factory settings, and starting from step 1 i could try again
I was totally wrong
, and now I have this when I boot the kindle it still has the blue logo, and the three options and will boot normally
When i boot the kindle up it flashes with the blue screen with the screen options allowing normal boot etc, Anyone got any ideas how to start again
sorry i feel so stupid so could really use your help PLEASE
guys as andro is gone for the night