XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ouya Keeps Trying To Update.

Tip us?

StraTTtheRippeR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Ouya Keeps Trying To Update.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have the block updates "on" in the Mods Collection for Ouya, but obviously it isn't working. Every time I turn the system on it's trying to update it. Any suggestions?

cronikman84
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraTTtheRippeR View Post
Is anyone else having this problem? I have the block updates "on" in the Mods Collection for Ouya, but obviously it isn't working. Every time I turn the system on it's trying to update it. Any suggestions?
I was having this issue also till i got tired of it and i just updated my OUYA, i couldn't figure it out and i also asked for any input about it not working but no one cared and never got a reply back from anyone including WonderEkin but this should be asked over at the Mod collection for OUYA forum if you wana get some type answer...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2359390

Theraze
Old
Thanks Meter 365
The block updates only worked until they changed their update method with the 'incremental' updates ~3 months ago. However the latest version of stock SHOULD allow you to temporarily reject an update without plugging/unplugging an Ethernet cable.

But since the mod collection hasn't been updated in several months as well, so I wouldn't expect too much assistance besides "Update to Jackalope and the update-blocking will be built into stock" suggestions...
The Following User Says Thank You to Theraze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StraTTtheRippeR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah, I just gave up and ran the update. I couldn't play anything half of the time because it kept trying to update the system. Everything seems to still be working okay, though...haven't fun into any problems yet. Thanks!