5,606,151 Members 34,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Has anyone else had this problem?

Tip us?

JuicyBrah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Has anyone else had this problem?

The metal ring came off the headphone port, I have no idea where it is.

Is my phone still waterproof?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140206_203505.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	2563607  

BreakShadow
Old
Thanks Meter 47
These things give me mini heart attacks.

Yes someone has had this issue not too long ago. I think you should take it to the nearest service centre right away.

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app

JuicyBrah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakShadow View Post
These things give me mini heart attacks.

Yes someone has had this issue not too long ago. I think you should take it to the nearest service centre right away.

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app
That's the plan, they closed at 5 so I have to wait until tomorrow morning.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 496
Be careful with the ring on the power button too, it can come off too like this one.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

JuicyBrah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
So I called Sony and they're saying that I'll have to pay for the repair since the piece is missing.

I'm walking down to the Sony store right now to yell at them.

Sophia Zhao
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyBrah View Post
The metal ring came off the headphone port, I have no idea where it is.

Is my phone still waterproof?
Don't worry so much, it's still waterproof. For water resistant, the earphone jack of Sony Xperia Z1 was made specially. So lost the ring will not affect the waterproof function.
I said that after seeing the sony xperia Z1 tear down with my own eyes.

If you still can't be at ease, just repair it.

Johann_London
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I sold my iphone 5 back in September to get this phone, but Sony can learn a thing or two from Apple regarding after sales care.

Rings have fallen off buttons and headphone jacks and on my phone my speaker grille curled up and fell off - yes believe it or not, but it's a piece of plastic mesh and it will show it's disdain to the waterproofing quality of the phone as soon as it's had one too many skinny dips in the bath with you...

My screen cracked spontaneously out on an extended holiday in South Africa and unlike an IPhone the few hairline cracks made the screen go mad so it was unusable and u like Apple the service centre simply refused to even look at it unless I paid R4,000 which is 280.

Sony refused to fix it under warranty as the phone was a UK model and I had to courier it back to the UK then wait ages for somebody to bring it along again.

So yes... I love the phone but it's made really poorly of what seems like good materials but not really.

Although I won't ever go back to Apple, when a compliment is due it's due. No phone's construction was ever as good as the iPhone 4/4S...

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

JuicyBrah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
I called Sony and after the third phone call they said they would send me an RMA number by email. Two days later and nothing has arrived.

I don't understand why they are being so difficult for what looks like a 5 cent component.

I'm very disappointed with the service so far, I absolutely love the device but I was not expecting Sony's support to be so poor.