5,605,438 Members 44,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle App crashes on start (CM 10.2)

Tip us?
 
StormConjurer
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default [Q] Kindle App crashes on start (CM 10.2)

I'm running CM 10.2 on my Kindle. Whenever I run the Kindle app it crashes instantly. I've tried clearing the cache, clearing all data, rebooting, backup and restoring from Titanium, and reinstalling from the Play store. Is there a fix for this?
 
calkenneth
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormConjurer View Post
I'm running CM 10.2 on my Kindle. Whenever I run the Kindle app it crashes instantly. I've tried clearing the cache, clearing all data, rebooting, backup and restoring from Titanium, and reinstalling from the Play store. Is there a fix for this?
I've been having this problem since the Kindle app upgrade on December 17th came out. I was on CM10.1, but I've upgraded to CM11 and it still does it. I think something is wrong with the way the new version works. The best thing is to go back to an earlier version, but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere, and I don't have any back-ups!

(Edit - here's a post with the older APKs - try one of these on for size. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576131)
------------------------------
Do you need updated Kindle Fire HD drivers to access your device in ADB/Fastboot mode? Check here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calkenneth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Gman650
Old
(Last edited by Gman650; 29th December 2013 at 11:03 PM.) Reason: clarification
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thumbs up Kindle app on rooted Kindle has a workaround

Kindle app crashing has a workaround: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post48928053...

Short answer:

download Build.prop Editor from the Play store and use it to change the ro.product.manufacturer line from Amazon to Samsung.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gman650 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kevorski
Old
#4  
kevorski's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spokane

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman650 View Post
Kindle app crashing has a workaround: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post48928053...

Short answer:

download Build.prop Editor from the Play store and use it to change the ro.product.manufacturer line from Amazon to Samsung.


Did this work for anyone, would like to know before I change to CM
The Following User Says Thank You to kevorski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Gman650
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevorski View Post
Did this work for anyone, would like to know before I change to CM
This absolutely worked for me. I even went ahead and later put KitKat on the Kindle Fire.. Same issue with the kindle app.. kept crashing.. I downloaded this other app.. changed the entry.. and it's good to go again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gman650 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kevorski
Old
#6  
kevorski's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spokane

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman650 View Post
This absolutely worked for me. I even went ahead and later put KitKat on the Kindle Fire.. Same issue with the kindle app.. kept crashing.. I downloaded this other app.. changed the entry.. and it's good to go again.
Awesome. Downloading cm10.1.3 right now as we speak. Have you had any other luck with any other custom Roms? I've only tried 10.1.3
 
Gman650
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevorski View Post
Awesome. Downloading cm10.1.3 right now as we speak. Have you had any other luck with any other custom Roms? I've only tried 10.1.3
I've run 10.2.1 (stable) without any issues at all... and am currently running cm-11-20140104-SNAPSHOT-M2-otter.zip (snapshot). No issues that I know of but it's my wife's Kindle and I certainly dont push it or load it up like my own Nexus 7.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes