Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

answering calls

Tip us?

fuzzylax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default answering calls

So like a week before,I got my phone I started reading threads about this phone.I thought I remembered seeing something on this topic but can't find it anymore.so I apologize For asking again,is their away to be able to answer phone with out having to unlock the security pattern I have set up just to answer the phone.I'm currently running 4.2 and will be up grading in couple days or possible tonight.I just wanted to try out phone before going to kk.I'm running viper Wright now and liking it.just miss a lot of the features I had on my s4 and nexus running kk..

jvcjbl
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylax View Post
So like a week before,I got my phone I started reading threads about this phone.I thought I remembered seeing something on this topic but can't find it anymore.so I apologize For asking again,is their away to be able to answer phone with out having to unlock the security pattern I have set up just to answer the phone.I'm currently running 4.2 and will be up grading in couple days or possible tonight.I just wanted to try out phone before going to kk.I'm running viper Wright now and liking it.just miss a lot of the features I had on my s4 and nexus running kk..
Yes, you get get prompted with an option to answer or decline without unlocking it. I have my One tied to an exchange server tied to mine with strict security policies (disables message previews and forces deletion after certain amount of tries) and I can still answer without unlocking.

fuzzylax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl View Post
Yes, you get get prompted with an option to answer or decline without unlocking it. I have my One tied to an exchange server tied to mine with strict security policies (disables message previews and forces deletion after certain amount of tries) and I can still answer without unlocking.
I just tried calling from home phone and I don't get that option,I have to unlock it b 4 I can answer it.I went into the setting and didn't notice anything to have the option to do it

jvcjbl
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylax View Post
I just tried calling from home phone and I don't get that option,I have to unlock it b 4 I can answer it.I went into the setting and didn't notice anything to have the option to do it
Very strange. I have had my phone setup with a security pin since the day I got it and I have always been able to answer my phone without unlocking it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jvcjbl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gizmoe
Old
Thanks Meter 827
I'm on stock kit Kat and it works fine. I have pin setup and when someone calls I can answer or decline. Probably just because viper is based on another device. Viper will probably update our base at some point.
Sent From my HTC One S-Off via rumrunners or Firewater/Weaksauce combo
Need a DropBox account? use this link DropBox

Other Devices:
HTC Inspire 4g S-Off/Rooted(Ace device info all in one place Ace Think Tank)
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD stock
Nexus 7 rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fuzzylax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Thanks for the replies.guess I'm flashing kk tonight cause that's annoying