Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

answering calls

OP fuzzylax

10th February 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag lacrosse, Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 19

158 posts
More
So like a week before,I got my phone I started reading threads about this phone.I thought I remembered seeing something on this topic but can't find it anymore.so I apologize For asking again,is their away to be able to answer phone with out having to unlock the security pattern I have set up just to answer the phone.I'm currently running 4.2 and will be up grading in couple days or possible tonight.I just wanted to try out phone before going to kk.I'm running viper Wright now and liking it.just miss a lot of the features I had on my s4 and nexus running kk..
10th February 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 10

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylax

So like a week before,I got my phone I started reading threads about this phone.I thought I remembered seeing something on this topic but can't find it anymore.so I apologize For asking again,is their away to be able to answer phone with out having to unlock the security pattern I have set up just to answer the phone.I'm currently running 4.2 and will be up grading in couple days or possible tonight.I just wanted to try out phone before going to kk.I'm running viper Wright now and liking it.just miss a lot of the features I had on my s4 and nexus running kk..

Yes, you get get prompted with an option to answer or decline without unlocking it. I have my One tied to an exchange server tied to mine with strict security policies (disables message previews and forces deletion after certain amount of tries) and I can still answer without unlocking.
10th February 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag lacrosse, Wisconsin

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl

Yes, you get get prompted with an option to answer or decline without unlocking it. I have my One tied to an exchange server tied to mine with strict security policies (disables message previews and forces deletion after certain amount of tries) and I can still answer without unlocking.

I just tried calling from home phone and I don't get that option,I have to unlock it b 4 I can answer it.I went into the setting and didn't notice anything to have the option to do it
10th February 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 10

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylax

I just tried calling from home phone and I don't get that option,I have to unlock it b 4 I can answer it.I went into the setting and didn't notice anything to have the option to do it

Very strange. I have had my phone setup with a security pin since the day I got it and I have always been able to answer my phone without unlocking it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jvcjbl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #5  
Flag Spokane
Thanks Meter: 827

2,056 posts
More
I'm on stock kit Kat and it works fine. I have pin setup and when someone calls I can answer or decline. Probably just because viper is based on another device. Viper will probably update our base at some point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag lacrosse, Wisconsin

158 posts
More
Thanks for the replies.guess I'm flashing kk tonight cause that's annoying
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread