Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

things before trip knox ..

Tip us?

RaDi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Default things before trip knox ..

Hello

I'm on stock 4.3 with MJ7 bootloader .. and for my today is the day to trip knox and rock custom rom on it ..

I want to know what are the thing that i should do before root and install custom recovery / rom ... ???

i found this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447342

is there any thing else ??

thank you
Don't forget to press thanks if you find this post useful =)

Note3

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDi View Post
Hello

I'm on stock 4.3 with MJ7 bootloader .. and for my today is the day to trip knox and rock custom rom on it ..

I want to know what are the thing that i should do before root and install custom recovery / rom ... ???

thank you
Only one thing once knox is tripped there's know going back
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RaDi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
ok

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Don't forget to press thanks if you find this post useful =)

Note3

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Most important, turn re-activation lock OFF..
If it's on you will have problems....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDi View Post
Hello

thank you

It would have been interesting to at least try some new test in the process - for instance I have seen some intriguing reports from N900W8 models where they have apparently installed some version of xnote (custom rom pre-rooted) without tripping knox presumably by somehow using stock Samsung kernel and stock Samsung recovery (I repeat, that was THEIR claim, not mine, but more research and testing on the subject would be nice).
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

DrawnToLife
Old
Thanks Meter 190
I'm one of those people. I installed the Mexican update, then rooted using Cf autoroot, then installed CWM and flashed X-Note with Katturbine kernel and I'm still knox 0x0 :/

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
Tablet 1: iPad 4 ♦ iOS 7.1.2 ♦ Jailbroken
Tablet 2: Nexus 7 (Flo) ♦ CM11 M10 ♦ ElementalX Kernel 2.14+ ♦ TWRP 2.7 ♦ PVS Bin 4
Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) ♦ Root ♦ Tweaked 3.8 ♦ LeanKernel 3.9 ♦ NI1 Modem ♦ NA2 Bootloader ♦ TWRP 2.8♦ Knox 0x0 ♦ PVS Bin 3
Watch: Samsung Gear Live
Previous: iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken) ♦ iPod Touch 3G (iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken)
Use this link if you want 20GB of free cloud storage!

anameeeen
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I am also on MJ7, N900t and I had have two questions if possible.
1. Do you recommend me to upgrade to kitkat then to have custom rom or just to root my 4.3 then to have a custom rom?

DrawnToLife
2. Can you please explain what you did step by step instructions to what you did, and if possible providing a link to the Mexican rom you referred to and the same CWM you used.

Thanks

xclub_101
Old
(Last edited by xclub_101; 10th February 2014 at 08:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrawnToLife View Post
I'm one of those people. I installed the Mexican update, then rooted using Cf autoroot, then installed CWM and flashed X-Note with Katturbine kernel and I'm still knox 0x0 :/

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

That sounds very different from what I was expecting, and so far based on that I would say that it mostly seems to be a result of the N900W8 bootloader system rather than something very special that needs to be done when flashing stuff

Question specific for N900W8 - is it possible to downgrade MJ4 -> MJ1 on that phone? (since that would confirm that the W8 bootloader is quite different).
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

hey_joe
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
That sounds very different from what I was expecting, and so far based on that I would say that it mostly seems to be a result of the N900W8 bootloader system rather than something very special that needs to be done when flashing stuff

Question specific for N900W8 - is it possible to downgrade MJ4 -> MJ1 on that phone? (since that would confirm that the W8 bootloader is quite different).
No, not possible to downgrade to MJ1 even when you came from MJ1 and upgraded to MJ4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

DrawnToLife
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by anameeeen View Post
I am also on MJ7, N900t and I had have two questions if possible.
1. Do you recommend me to upgrade to kitkat then to have custom rom or just to root my 4.3 then to have a custom rom?

DrawnToLife
2. Can you please explain what you did step by step instructions to what you did, and if possible providing a link to the Mexican rom you referred to and the same CWM you used.

Thanks
I followed this guide :P
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618633
Tablet 1: iPad 4 ♦ iOS 7.1.2 ♦ Jailbroken
Tablet 2: Nexus 7 (Flo) ♦ CM11 M10 ♦ ElementalX Kernel 2.14+ ♦ TWRP 2.7 ♦ PVS Bin 4
Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) ♦ Root ♦ Tweaked 3.8 ♦ LeanKernel 3.9 ♦ NI1 Modem ♦ NA2 Bootloader ♦ TWRP 2.8♦ Knox 0x0 ♦ PVS Bin 3
Watch: Samsung Gear Live
Previous: iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2 Jailbroken) ♦ iPod Touch 3G (iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken)
Use this link if you want 20GB of free cloud storage!