Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root the unrooted Note 2 N7100

OP puttagunta_h

10th February 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Puchong
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hi,

I have rooted by Note 2 N7100 in the past using the ODIN tool and CWM. But I had issues with some apps that were being closed at random etc. So I got tired and unrooted. But now I wanted to root it again using the ODIN. But ODIN is not able to detect my phone at all.

Please someone help me. Now that my note 2 got the 4.3, it is bloated with all kinds of crap from Samsung. I need to root to remove all the crap.

Thanks n Regards,
Harsha Puttagunta
10th February 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,748

2,877 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttagunta_h

Hi,

I have rooted by Note 2 N7100 in the past using the ODIN tool and CWM. But I had issues with some apps that were being closed at random etc. So I got tired and unrooted. But now I wanted to root it again using the ODIN. But ODIN is not able to detect my phone at all.

Please someone help me. Now that my note 2 got the 4.3, it is bloated with all kinds of crap from Samsung. I need to root to remove all the crap.

Thanks n Regards,
Harsha Puttagunta

Remove samsung usb drivers and reinstall them,that might work
11th February 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Puchong

5 posts
More
Thumbs down Doesn't Help
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

Remove samsung usb drivers and reinstall them,that might work

Naa... this is a new laptop. So all new. still deleted the drivers and reinstalled. No luck.
11th February 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #4  

2,877 posts
Quote:

Naa... this is a new laptop. So all new. still deleted the drivers and reinstalled. No luck.

i did google this issue and people have come up with various possibilities what could be wrong right from faulty usb cable to re installing drivers to factory resetting their device 3x for ODIN to be able to detect their device, i am a newbie too at these things so i am not really sure what could possibly be stopping from ODIN detecting your phone but i'll be on the look out and see if i can refer to you a solution if you haven't solved it already but if you do fix it somehow please post what exactly you did to make it work so it could help future users in case they run into the same issue.

EDIT: follow this word to word ,might work for you,let me know http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34&postcount=7
Last edited by singhpratik87; 11th February 2014 at 03:15 AM. Reason: possible solution?
11th February 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Puchong

5 posts
More
Unhappy Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

i did google this issue and people have come up with various possibilities what could be wrong right from faulty usb cable to re installing drivers to factory resetting their device 3x for ODIN to be able to detect their device, i am a newbie too at these things so i am not really sure what could possibly be stopping from ODIN detecting your phone but i'll be on the look out and see if i can refer to you a solution if you haven't solved it already but if you do fix it somehow please post what exactly you did to make it work so it could help future users in case they run into the same issue

It can't be the issue with the cable as I am able to use the cable for other things like backups and moving data from phone to PC etc. The issue with the Factory reset is that i dont have a spare phone at the moment. So if this device screws i am dead without a mobile to use.

Let me search some more and if I can find a solution i will post it here. Else I am going for the Cyanogenmod installer. I am tired of this.
11th February 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #6  

2,877 posts
Quote:

It can't be the issue with the cable as I am able to use the cable for other things like backups and moving data from phone to PC etc. The issue with the Factory reset is that i dont have a spare phone at the moment. So if this device screws i am dead without a mobile to use.

Let me search some more and if I can find a solution i will post it here. Else I am going for the Cyanogenmod installer. I am tired of this.

Alright goodluck dude,hope you can fix it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread