Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 43,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Putting a Custom ROM on Phone

Tip us?

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1524

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by waaldron View Post
So I cannot post on that thread, but I did revisit it and reset my phone and went through the instructions carefully.(this time on a different computer) I actually managed to disable knox and get SuperSU back on my phone. It still says the binary needs to be updated and when I click continue, then click normal since I do not have a custom recovery. It attempts to install, but then I get the message- Installation failed Please reboot and try again. So I tried to reboot my phone a few times to see if it would work and no luck. Any ideas?

EDIT: I also tried to install SuperSU update using my sdcard and still no luck. Signature verification problem.
What kind of phone is this you're talking about? And what do you mean about SuperSU update "using my sdcard"?
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

waaldron
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
What kind of phone is this you're talking about? And what do you mean about SuperSU update "using my sdcard"?
Samsung Galaxy S4 by Verizon. I found an updated version of SuperSU and tried to update using adb shell