Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 47,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SGS4 WiFi/Bluetooth Death, ZERO working solutions, willing to pay.

Tip us?

jrwebdev17
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Adding it to the end shouldn't hurt as long as you make sure you set properties on the build.prop
Thanks for the tip, good to know it wouldn't screw anything up. I did add it to the build.prop file, rebooted and it seems to have had no effect. Seems that if the property is not present in the file, adding it does not resolve the problem.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Editing build.prop is a plausible workaround if the OP has root access. If he doesn't wish to root his phone, then he can clean up his system configuration by reinstalling as I described earlier in the thread without requiring root. Two approaches to the same result.

And yes, you can add the entry if it doesn't already exist in your configuration.

jrwebdev17
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwebdev17 View Post
Thanks for the tip, good to know it wouldn't screw anything up. I did add it to the build.prop file, rebooted and it seems to have had no effect. Seems that if the property is not present in the file, adding it does not resolve the problem.

UPDATE: I didn't have any luck using the build.prop fix, nor with the wpa_supplicant.conf fix that some of you may have seen mentioned. I ended up Recovering to stock MF3, (I was already on MF3). This gave up my root access, and I didn't take any additional steps to hide busy_box or anything like that, after my MF3 recovery it looked like I was safely unrooted and I contacted AT&T support via web-chat, and they asked some questions and sent me to a nearby AT&T device center. I took it there, they didn't ask a single question about how it happened, whether I had rooted it, etc(although I was paranoid that there would be traces left behind and they would turn me away). Long story short, they replaced the phone no questions asked!

In my opinion it would seem that while this problem could in some cases be caused by rooting and tinkering, it's enough of a known issue to AT&T that they would replace it under warranty. Hopefully Bell or other carriers would do the same. My advice is to try your carrier, particularly if you are with AT&T.

rogin16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just to help people who are searching for a solution. I had flashed a T-Mobile rom and my wifi stopped being togglable on my AT&T S4. That is, I couldn't turn on wifi. The button would get stuck on. After trying to flash what I thought was the right MK2 modem and still having the same issue, I thought I was out of luck. However, I found this one here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=3275 and hit paydirt. Flashing it using Safestrap and then wiping cache and delvik worked. The file is called jflteatt-MK2-modules.zip.