Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,877 Members 50,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Im afraid to flash a rom, any tips to do it without pc

Tip us?

Enmanuelng
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly View Post
It's not critical when you wipe. It's probably best to wipe before you flash the rom of your choice, though it can be done after. The worst that can happen is that it won't boot properly before you wipe, but the wipe will fix it.
So first cwm, wipe cache, dalvik, install ajk kernel and rom? Or install kernel, wipe and install rom?

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enmanuelng View Post
So first cwm, wipe cache, dalvik, install ajk kernel and rom? Or install kernel, wipe and install rom?
From stock 3e recovery, you should perform a wipe data/factory reset, then install AJK kernel and the rom. You will not be able to perform wipe cache and dalvik from stock 3e recovery as far as I remember. But either way, the important wipe is wipe data/factory reset from within recovery.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Enmanuelng
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wow guys thank you so so much it worked i admire what you guys do but no i installed cyanogen 10.1 which ajk kernel is compatible because i think Ajk kernel noswap wont work anymore.

4-2ndtwin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,478

DONATE TO ME
AJ has an AOSP kernel in the OP of his [Kernel] AJK thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4-2ndtwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]