Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Replacing the stock ROM

Tip us?

ding_thornton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Replacing the stock ROM

I've been installing the CM11 nightlies and really like them. I haven't had any serious issues with them and I am excited about a stable version coming out. While having both a stock ROM and CM11 installed I have not figured out how to get the apps installed for both ROMs. They seem to tell me that it is already installed, or they will try to open but close immediately. I was wondering if there was some way to have them installed and working for both ROMs, or if I will need to replace my stock ROM with CM11, and how exactly would I go about doing that?

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,470

DONATE TO ME
My guess I that the apps you are have trouble with are installed on SD card? Internal or external SD card
Try moving them the phone (user data)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleepybear84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
My guess I that the apps you are have trouble with are installed on SD card? Internal or external SD card
Try moving them the phone (user data)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
I would agree with sd_shadow, I bet the apps in question are stored on the SD Card and so it's causing issues between the ROMs. Move the apps to the phone and you should be able to then install them on both ROMs. You should be able to do this from the Applications menu in Settings.