5,595,760 Members 37,295 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Kernel][Bootloader] OUYA EPRJ Kernel 3.4.37, OUYA-Enhanced rom, repacked image

Tip us?

dom2570
Old
(Last edited by dom2570; 9th February 2014 at 01:21 AM.) Reason: forgot something
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchantmnt View Post
you can either install complete sdk from their website or just install adb-android-tools and fastboot-android-tools

they should be availlable for you... at least if you enable backports
So I managed to get it all set up, but I hit a brick wall.

I installed the bootloader but can't figure out how to install the kernel. Every time I try to get into the fast book it just takes me to CWM?

*I saw the FAQ about this, but don't understand the answer...I suck lol

deathblade
Old
(Last edited by deathblade; 9th February 2014 at 02:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom2570 View Post
So I managed to get it all set up, but I hit a brick wall.

I installed the bootloader but can't figure out how to install the kernel. Every time I try to get into the fast book it just takes me to CWM?

*I saw the FAQ about this, but don't understand the answer...I suck lol
PLEASE NOTE THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR AFTER YOU INSTALL THE BOOTLOADER LINKED IN OP, IT HAS NO MERRITT FOR USE WITH STOCK BOOTLOADER OR ANY OTHER

ok to install the kernel is easy here are the steps:
1. turn on the device
2. after it loads into the bootloader use the power button to navigate to the last option (fastboot)
3. plug your ouya into a computer with the kernel downloaded
4. rename kernel.img to android.img (use the proper image for your rom (either stock or stockplus or stock enhanced (stockplus and stock enhanced uses the same img)))
5. open command prompt (or terminal) and type the following:

fastboot flash boot Directory*

fastboot reboot

6. your device reboots and you profit (would suggest using an app to change cpu gov to performance)

* directory of where the file is located and file name plus extension(windows 7ie. c:/Users/Username/Desktop/android.img)

and to better explain the faq:
there are messures that are implemented to save you from bricking your device and they are as follows:
1.bootloader menu (with options such as fastboot for if kernel is corrupt or something)
2. after installing the bootloader there is no kernel (wipes it out) so boot has been redirected to recovery till you install a kernel and you need a kernel to boot a rom
3. options to boot into other kernels incase of an emergency you can get booted up

what they are explaining is the fact of 2 if you are having it where you navigate to fastboot and after that it goes to cwm then you may need to redownload and install the bootloader cuz something is wrong

hope this helps

Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom:Sinless/Vanir (via Multirom)

Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Rom: Vanir 4.4.2

Samsung SGH-i977 Infuse 4G

LINKS:
MY SLIDING MESSAGING THEMES ARE LOCATED HERE

dom2570
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
PLEASE NOTE THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR AFTER YOU INSTALL THE BOOTLOADER LINKED IN OP, IT HAS NO MERRITT FOR USE WITH STOCK BOOTLOADER OR ANY OTHER

ok to install the kernel is easy here are the steps:
1. turn on the device
2. after it loads into the bootloader use the power button to navigate to the last option (fastboot)
3. plug your ouya into a computer with the kernel downloaded
4. rename kernel.img to android.img (use the proper image for your rom (either stock or stockplus or stock enhanced (stockplus and stock enhanced uses the same img)))
5. open command prompt (or terminal) and type the following:

fastboot flash boot Directory*

fastboot reboot

6. your device reboots and you profit (would suggest using an app to change cpu gov to performance)

* directory of where the file is located and file name plus extension(windows 7ie. c:/Users/Username/Desktop/android.img)

and to better explain the faq:
there are messures that are implemented to save you from bricking your device and they are as follows:
1.bootloader menu (with options such as fastboot for if kernel is corrupt or something)
2. after installing the bootloader there is no kernel (wipes it out) so boot has been redirected to recovery till you install a kernel and you need a kernel to boot a rom
3. options to boot into other kernels incase of an emergency you can get booted up

what they are explaining is the fact of 2 if you are having it where you navigate to fastboot and after that it goes to cwm then you may need to redownload and install the bootloader cuz something is wrong

hope this helps
Thanks for the help. For whatever reason I did have the correct permissions to use fastboot. After using su or sudo I was fine.
Code:
sudo ./fastboot
I however had no luck booting the Repack of Kholk's Kernel with the enhanced ROM. Only the stock kernel would boot. I am really disappointed, I really was wanting to boost my performance!

Any ideas why the kernel wouldn't boot, and how I can get it to?

deathblade
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Thanks for the help. For whatever reason I did have the correct permissions to use fastboot. After using su or sudo I was fine.
Code:
sudo ./fastboot
I however had no luck booting the Repack of Kholk's Kernel with the enhanced ROM. Only the stock kernel would boot. I am really disappointed, I really was wanting to boost my performance!

Need to use the one from here

http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/...hz-gpu-650mhz/

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom:Sinless/Vanir (via Multirom)

Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Rom: Vanir 4.4.2

Samsung SGH-i977 Infuse 4G

LINKS:
MY SLIDING MESSAGING THEMES ARE LOCATED HERE

cronikman84
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Code:
sudo ./fastboot

Your OUYA is a weak one and it won't boot the kernel, only a handful of people( including my self) are able to boot the kernel on there OUYA's, i have 2 OUYA's and only one of them boots the kernel, there's also someone else that has 3 OUYA's and only 1 out of 3 boots the kernel, not all OUYA's can take the kernel and apparently not all OUYA's are EQUAL... Everything related to the kernel is being discussed over at http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/...hz-gpu-650mhz/ and http://www.eternityproject.eu/forum/...nt-android-os/, a lot of us have been putting up info about this and sharing with each other solutions and workaround on this matter NOTE: some of these solution and workarounds don't work for everyone but it has helped others, it won't hurt to research a lil bit and see what works for you...