Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 40,917 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App To Freeze OTA Update

Tip us?

j13smiley
Old
Thanks Meter 29
i have all 3 of those apps running viper... i'll try freezing them with TB... i've tried everything else.

fjm568
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I also checked to see about the 2 htcdm files mentioned above and realized in addition to renaming the otacerts.zip file I referenced earlier, is that I also did freeze the 2 htcdm files using TiB.

As of right now, I still have not received the update notification.

Stock, rooted, and s-off.

Hope this helps someone.
New phone - HTC One M8 - Stock/Unlocked bootloader/rooted!
previous phones - HTC Incredible 4g LTE - Stock/Unlocked bootloader/rooted!
- rooted HTC Incredible - running jermaine151's 4.08.605.2 Stock+ v3.01

j13smiley
Old
Thanks Meter 29
i'm afraid to post this - but a day and a half now the nag has not popped up since i've frozen the 3 files mentioned above. :knockonwood:

i've done all the other normal stuff that should work (i really don't understand why my build.prop changes are not working). i did get the viper illegal rom nag - but that only happens once a week so i can deal with it. getting the verizon nag each time i turned on the phone was getting old.

pettigrew95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley View Post
i'm afraid to post this - but a day and a half now the nag has not popped up since i've frozen the 3 files mentioned above. :knockonwood:

i've done all the other normal stuff that should work (i really don't understand why my build.prop changes are not working). i did get the viper illegal rom nag - but that only happens once a week so i can deal with it. getting the verizon nag each time i turned on the phone was getting old.
What is Viper nag?
Verizon HTC One M8 32 GB
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk MicroSD
Rooted and S-Off

Old Phones: Galaxy S3 | Galaxy S2 | HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE | Samsung Fascinate | HTC Sensation | LG G2x | HTC MyTouch 3G Slide | HTC MyTouch 3G | HTC G1

j13smiley
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettigrew95 View Post
What is Viper nag?
the venom guys have discontinued support for the viper rom for our phone. however, they have protection built-in to help stop devs from stealing their code... unfortunately it is now tagging us as running illegal roms and gives us a nag screen once a week. there's info about it in the viper rom thread.

junkmail9
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley View Post
the venom guys have discontinued support for the viper rom for our phone. however, they have protection built-in to help stop devs from stealing their code... unfortunately it is now tagging us as running illegal roms and gives us a nag screen once a week. there's info about it in the viper rom thread.
Neither the Viper nag, nor the Verizon OTA have appeared even once for me since I updated to ViperLTE 2.2.0. (I did turn off the check in settings, which I believe was added in 2.2.0)