Ask a question

No registration required

App To Freeze OTA Update

OP pettigrew95

6th February 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #11  
columbus, oh
Thanks Meter: 29

213 posts
i have all 3 of those apps running viper... i'll try freezing them with TB... i've tried everything else.
7th February 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
I also checked to see about the 2 htcdm files mentioned above and realized in addition to renaming the otacerts.zip file I referenced earlier, is that I also did freeze the 2 htcdm files using TiB.

As of right now, I still have not received the update notification.

Stock, rooted, and s-off.

Hope this helps someone.
7th February 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #13  
columbus, oh

213 posts
i'm afraid to post this - but a day and a half now the nag has not popped up since i've frozen the 3 files mentioned above. :knockonwood:

i've done all the other normal stuff that should work (i really don't understand why my build.prop changes are not working). i did get the viper illegal rom nag - but that only happens once a week so i can deal with it. getting the verizon nag each time i turned on the phone was getting old.
8th February 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 68

1,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley

i'm afraid to post this - but a day and a half now the nag has not popped up since i've frozen the 3 files mentioned above. :knockonwood:

i've done all the other normal stuff that should work (i really don't understand why my build.prop changes are not working). i did get the viper illegal rom nag - but that only happens once a week so i can deal with it. getting the verizon nag each time i turned on the phone was getting old.

What is Viper nag?
10th February 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #15  
columbus, oh

213 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettigrew95

What is Viper nag?

the venom guys have discontinued support for the viper rom for our phone. however, they have protection built-in to help stop devs from stealing their code... unfortunately it is now tagging us as running illegal roms and gives us a nag screen once a week. there's info about it in the viper rom thread.
11th February 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 218

413 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley

the venom guys have discontinued support for the viper rom for our phone. however, they have protection built-in to help stop devs from stealing their code... unfortunately it is now tagging us as running illegal roms and gives us a nag screen once a week. there's info about it in the viper rom thread.

Neither the Viper nag, nor the Verizon OTA have appeared even once for me since I updated to ViperLTE 2.2.0. (I did turn off the check in settings, which I believe was added in 2.2.0)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread