No registration required

[Q] About kernels and basebands

OP LtDicai

11th February 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
I've searched the forums but to no avail, so I'll just ask this here. I'm interested in changing the ROM of my Xperia X8 (E15a). With S1Tool I checked whether I could unlock the bootloader of my device, however the certificate is not recognized so that's a no-go for me. For this reason I'm stuck with stock kernels only.

Here is my device info:
Code:
Model number: E15a
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Baseband version: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404006
Kernel version: 2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1
Compilation number: 2.0.1.A.0.47
Here's when it gets confusing. All the ROMS I find here on xda say that I should use a baseband that ends in 015 and if I don't have that baseband, I should update with PC Companion to the latest one. PC Companion says that my device is already up to date, so I can't get another baseband. So I thought of trying flashing with FlashTools a baseband that actually ends with 015. However I read that that basebands work with specific kernels, so my best guess is that I should find a baseband for kernel 2.6.29, right? Well, I'm out of luck cause I can't seem to find that thing.

So, basically the question is: How do kernels and basebands are related and what should I do if for instance I want to install this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1079463... should I flash a older kernel for which a baseband with 015 does exists or what?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread