XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Failed at Odin

Tip us?

johnny quest
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 245

DONATE TO ME
I'm sorry to bug you, but this is getting too much. My head hurts from grunting at this thing. I the recovery TRWP and it passed but I'm still getting that menu of:
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

I don't see anything that has to do with TWRP. I put a rom on my phone to see if it would load and it didn't. It gives me a screen where looks like a dead android with the red explanation point on top. don't know what else to do but maybe just go back to 4.1.2 where life was just simple.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Reflash twrp, but uncheck the reboot option, after it passes remove battery, and enter straight into recovery.. That should get you the correct recovery

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

johnny quest
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 245

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Reflash twrp, but uncheck the reboot option, after it passes remove battery, and enter straight into recovery.. That should get you the correct recovery

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
It worked!!! I just have to get used to the TRWP instead of CWM. I was able to install Superuser and now I'm HAPPY, thank you so much for all your help. it took the whole day for this. I couldn't even study for my class. Excellent. now I can flash other roms if need to, thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to johnny quest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]