Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A few hiccups with Chromecast?

Tip us?

SirPoola
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default A few hiccups with Chromecast?

Hey there,

I recently transitioned from an AppleTV to a ChromeCast. However, I seem to be having a small problem with Chromecast.

I have Chromecast running perfectly, it streams as it needs to stream from my phone on Youtube, Viki, and Netflix. However, when I go back to my homescreen or I lock my device, the streaming stops altogether.

If i'm not mistaken, wasn't Chromecast the device that allowed phone users to minimize the app and then proceed to browse the net using their phone?

Is anyone having this problem? I'm currently using an iPhone 5S , I also tested this on the S3 and it was the same problem.

tattude69
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have three running in my household all phones and tablets work as remotes. Try updating your app on the phone. Never tried with apple

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 845

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoola View Post
I have Chromecast running perfectly, it streams as it needs to stream from my phone on Youtube, Viki, and Netflix. However, when I go back to my homescreen or I lock my device, the streaming stops altogether.

If i'm not mistaken, wasn't Chromecast the device that allowed phone users to minimize the app and then proceed to browse the net using their phone?

Is anyone having this problem? I'm currently using an iPhone 5S , I also tested this on the S3 and it was the same problem.
Your understanding is correct - normal (optimized) playback of content from the Internet should not require the casting device. You should be able to reboot or turn off the casting device without interrupting the stream.

What applications are you casting from?
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'