XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wtf? New Anker battery doesn't fit S3

Tip us?

skomes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Wtf? New Anker battery doesn't fit S3

I bought an Anker battery a week ago and it just arrived. I'm trying to fit it in and it doesn't fit at all. It is too wide and the bottom sections don't align properly.

I got it from Amazon and I'm sure its a genuine battery because of that.

I just can't believe it doesn't fit. Has this happened to anybody else?

I'm extremely disappointed with this. I was planning on upgrading to an S5 in a few months and figured I'd probably buy a new Anker battey with it but I can't believe this one doesn't even fit my phone.

I've included pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/eXOCH

zzjoshzz
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I think it's because it's 4400mAh, stock battery is 2100 so that one's going to be significantly larger. I'm pretty sure at that size they're supposed to come with a case that can house the battery with the phone.

skomes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Its definitely supposed to be bigger than the default battery but I checked videos online, it is supposed to snap into place just like the old battery. Extended batteries fit the same space but stick out farther so you need to use the provided case.

This battery DOES NOT line up with the phone along the bottom edge. It just doesn't. From Youtube videos, the batteries other people have line up and snap in. Because it doesn't actually fit into the battery slot, I can't even use the provided case.

It is very messed up and I'm just in disbelief because I can't find any record of any other person online with the same problem.

johnhazelwood
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Contact Anker. I've heard their support is very good. It looks like you got a note 3 or galaxy S4 battery accidentally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

skomes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I wrote them an e-mail tonight after I posted this in the forum.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and doing something wrong, also wanted to know if anybody else ever had this issue because I can't find any record of that online.

dntesinfrno
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by skomes View Post
I wrote them an e-mail tonight after I posted this in the forum.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and doing something wrong, also wanted to know if anybody else ever had this issue because I can't find any record of that online.
Looks to me like a case of a mis-labeled item. I ordered the same battery about a year and a half ago and all was fine. Im sure Anker will sort it out for you, they have a great support staff.
SGS3 i747 sporting Task650 AOKP(Jellybean 4.3) backed by KT747 kernel
If I have helped you a THANKS is appreciated but not expected, and if a problem was solved a [SOLVED] tag in your post title helps better the community
Samsung Moment>Samsung Galaxy S Captivate>Samsung Galaxy SII i777>Samsung Galaxy SIII i747

skomes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Well no e-mail response unfortunately.

Going to have to call them.

skomes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Email support is unbelievably slow.

Takes more than 1 full day to get a response, takes like 2 full days just to have them ask me a question and for me to respond.