[Q] CM10 not booting.

Search This thread

bugkillr

Feb 9, 2014
Calcutta
I unlocked the bootloader, flashed CWM recovery, took a backup.

Factory reset, wiped cache, dalvik cache and then installed CM10 build#3 from here. I had extracted the boot.img so I did flash the boot using fastboot but it says

sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (0 KB)...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.000s

Next, when I boot the device normally, it gets stuck on the white screen with HTC displayed on it.

So I went back into recovery, wiped everything again and installed the ROM again. This was repeated a few times, but to no avail.

I use only Linux on my laptop, not Windows so HTC Sync and stuffs strictly related to Windows do not apply. Now, I have these options:

1. Either I restore my phone to the saved backup successfully, but CWM won't let me do it. It exits with the common MD5 mismatch. And I don't have an SD card reader. So is it possible to boot my phone via fastboot and mount the SD card somehow and access the backup file so that I can generate the md5 again?

2. Or, next option that I have is to download a ROM which is *working* taking the help of a friend using his SD card(which might delay the process) and install that new ROM on my phone. In that case, please direct me to some such ROMs and the exact way to flash if I did it wrong.

I'd prefer Option 1, so please provide some help for the same.

UPDATE: Generated md5 and restored.

UPDATE #2: Unable to flash boot875.img NOPE kernel after installing CM10 again. Did a full wipe, and installed CM build#3 again and tried flashing boot875.img via fastboot and it doesn't say anything in the terminal.

Last edited:

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Your phone was connected via fastboot when you were flashing and was there any problem, like your phone disconnected or something?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SiqrCarnbon

Feb 7, 2013
Stockholm
Try to do it again don't use USB 3 ports
If Fails Download NOPE Kernel if you didn't already have it
Put in fastboot folder
Download a CM10 ROM e.g. slimbean
Flash it in recovery
Flash kernel through fastboot

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

bugkillr

Feb 9, 2014
Calcutta
Your phone was connected via fastboot when you were flashing and was there any problem, like your phone disconnected or something?

No. It wasn't disconnected. Installation went butter smooth. Problem occurred while booting.

Try to do it again don't use USB 3 ports
If Fails Download NOPE Kernel if you didn't already have it
Put in fastboot folder
Download a CM10 ROM e.g. slimbean
Flash it in recovery
Flash kernel through fastboot

I did use a USB 3 port. Let me try it again using USB 2, and I'll post back the update.

UPDATE: It still says

sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (0 KB)...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.000s

Anyway I could access my phone's shell using my Linux laptop? adb shell doesn't work. If I enter the shell, I can modify the md5 navigating to the backup directory.

UPDATE: Restored md5.

Last edited:

bugkillr

Feb 9, 2014
Calcutta

Unable to flash boot875.img NOPE kernel after installing CM10 again. Did a full wipe, and installed CM build#3 again and tried flashing boot875.img via fastboot and it doesn't say anything in the terminal.

While extracting the zip file on my laptop(Linux), I get the following error, starting from the place mentioned in the pic.

RqxMsEr2IgB1YQb-jHyiQ4Cq32mQv6BREAH5LVOCc6s=w497-h417-no

Last edited:

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Don't extract. Just flash the ROM and download a separate nope or Prometheus kernel and flash that.

bugkillr

Feb 9, 2014
Calcutta
whi you are using the "sudo" comand?

Even without that, the error persists. I used it once when it was the first command.

Don't extract. Just flash the ROM and download a separate nope or Prometheus kernel and flash that.

Already did that, I flashed the ROM and then tried to flash boot875.img and boot750.img NOPE kernel. Still same error!

When I got error, then I was extracting in laptop just to check the contents of the zip file, and then it said that error as mentioned in picture of the last post.

Last edited:

SiqrCarnbon

Feb 7, 2013
Stockholm
Try on Windows
I can't help you with Linux As I don't have it installed

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using xda app-developers app

mareeck

Oct 28, 2012
Moldova, Cociulia

u have tried a 4.0.3 rom based. the boot image it will boot for this time, you have to see if the rom is the problem or the the phone is, or maybe the pc, the other thing that can solve it is to relock bootloader, after try to unlock it again and reroot it with the CWM maybe it will help you

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Try on Windows

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using xda app-developers app

this may be a good ideea for him

Quasar

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Cm10 doesn't extract properly in terminal or command prompt.... I've tried.... Dunno. Try some other cm based ROM?

bugkillr

Feb 9, 2014
Calcutta
Try on Windows

u have tried a 4.0.3 rom based. the boot image it will boot for this time, you have to see if the rom is the problem or the the phone is, or maybe the pc, the other thing that can solve it is to relock bootloader, after try to unlock it again and reroot it with the CWM maybe it will help you
---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

this may be a good ideea for him

I had already tried relocking bootloader and unlocking it back. It didn't help.

Cm10 doesn't extract properly in terminal or command prompt.... I've tried.... Dunno. Try some other cm based ROM?

Yeah, so I flashed with mini CM10, its booting now, working well. But it is saying No Service for which I had started a thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50230593