Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 41,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with bricked tab

Tip us?

sharkguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with bricked tab

I have spent all night researching this forum, and have had no luck finding a solution to my problem. My tablet is stuck at either the lock screen (15% battery, no touch controls) or "shutting down" loop, all depending on how I power it up. Most of the methods listed on the forum either involve flashing updates via SD card (none have worked so far) or require me to load a bootloader via PC connection (which I cannot do since I cannot access tablet settings). Does anyone know how I can get this thing working again? I assume that an OTA update was mishandled by the previous owner, and this is the cause of the brick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Sleepybear84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You do not need access to the power settings to be able to boot into APX Mode. If I remember correctly you do the following:
  1. Press and Hold Power Button
  2. Press and Hold RESET Button (Using paperclip or pin) for 3 seconds
  3. Release RESET Button
  4. Release Power Button

It will appear that the tablet doesn't boot, but if you then plug it in to you PC with a usb cord to the miniUSB port it should recognize it as an APX Device in the Device Manager. This should let you do the BlackThund3r's recovery method, or any other method using APX.

sharkguy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have done all of the BT, TD and babsector stuff with no luck. APX mode is easy enough, but it doesnt help so far.

Sent from my SGH-I317M (Samsung Galaxy Note II) from Tapatalk
ACER A500 - Currently bricked, but working on it....