The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LG P769 Security Error (Using Win8.1

OP dsore1218

4th February 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

45 posts
More
I have searched (I have 12 tabs open as I type) these forums. I see a few similar cases but I am not finding a solution. I have use CMHENDRA's guides but I am having no luck. (It is my daughters phone so I will give you what information I know) BTW, I contribute in the Note II galleries, I have rooted and flashed HTC One X, Several Nexus 7's, my Note II, Galaxy SII, Galaxy S, HTC Sensations, Nexus 4 and a few older ones. I can currently see all those phones on my laptop. Not the L9.

I believe my son tried to flash CWM for my daughter. She is notoriously rough on phones and he was trying to make sure she was protected. The phone boots into the LG Security Error screen. I can get it to boot into S/W Upgrade mode. I have completed or can complete all the steps to most of the guide. I CANNOT get my Win8.1 laptop or my sons Win7 laptop to recognize the phone to complete any of the guides. B2C, Fastboot, etc. I can see various entries in the Device Manager, I uninstall and reinstall with Driver Signing turned off. I have now reached the point where I have done so many things that I have probably confused myself.

When it did get the security error, the software had been set to USB Debugging and Unknown Sources was allowed. The firmware was 20H. B2C cannot get the phone information (I know it is probably the drivers as is everything else).

Any help, ideas, etc. would be great. I would love to be a hero for my daughter.
7th February 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Evansville
Thanks Meter: 249

715 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsore1218

I have searched (I have 12 tabs open as I type) these forums. I see a few similar cases but I am not finding a solution. I have use CMHENDRA's guides but I am having no luck. (It is my daughters phone so I will give you what information I know) BTW, I contribute in the Note II galleries, I have rooted and flashed HTC One X, Several Nexus 7's, my Note II, Galaxy SII, Galaxy S, HTC Sensations, Nexus 4 and a few older ones. I can currently see all those phones on my laptop. Not the L9.

I believe my son tried to flash CWM for my daughter. She is notoriously rough on phones and he was trying to make sure she was protected. The phone boots into the LG Security Error screen. I can get it to boot into S/W Upgrade mode. I have completed or can complete all the steps to most of the guide. I CANNOT get my Win8.1 laptop or my sons Win7 laptop to recognize the phone to complete any of the guides. B2C, Fastboot, etc. I can see various entries in the Device Manager, I uninstall and reinstall with Driver Signing turned off. I have now reached the point where I have done so many things that I have probably confused myself.

When it did get the security error, the software had been set to USB Debugging and Unknown Sources was allowed. The firmware was 20H. B2C cannot get the phone information (I know it is probably the drivers as is everything else).

Any help, ideas, etc. would be great. I would love to be a hero for my daughter.

I can't get mine to work either. Closest thing I've gotten is using omap4boot-for_optimus-v1.21

its different from some of the others, in that its a blue background and it doesnt actually list the p769. However, after selecting option 5, and following onscreen instructions, I was able to get my front capacitive buttons to light up, but nothing else. I can't enter S/W upgrade mode, I can't get LG recovery tool to recognise my phone, I am absolutely **** out of luck. I dont know if using omap4boot-for_optimus-v1.21 will help or hurt you, but im just explaining my experiences.
7th February 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 17

75 posts
More
Have you installed the omap driver for fastboot?
7th February 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

45 posts
More
Thanks for your replies. Windows 8.1 is installing the OMAP driver and when I try to update it, Windows says it has determined that I have the best one installed already or some BS like that. That seems to be the last piece of the puzzle. I am not getting it to use the fastboot commands and when I am in the LG upgrade thing, it cannot connect on the first of the three calls so it says to check the USB cord and connection. ( I have tried 5-6 cords including the OEM cord ).

Thanks again for your help. I will uninstall the OMAP drivers when I get home and see if I can't get the ones I downloaded to install.
8th February 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #5  
Flag Eastpointe
Thanks Meter: 4

38 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't have Windows 8.1 so I'm not sure how to address the driver issue. I reer as wel.commend you uninstall the driver, both of them. The one under Android Phone in the device manager and the one called TI Boards in the device manager.

1. Uninstall all OMAP drives (Two of them)
2. Disconnect from the internet (to preventing Windows update from selecting its own driver.
3. Follow steps to fastboot. When connecting your phone have device manager open and right click the device that is flashing on and off (you will see the device manager refreshing and stuffs. It will dissappear after about two seconds but if you get the right click in and the option to install the driver, do it, point to the fastboot driver.
4. Disconnect phone after driver install and pull the battery.
5. Fastboot again, using option 1.
6. Quickly install same driver on the new device in device manager. Be quick.
7. Disconnect, Pull battery
8. Fastboot again
9. Flash ICS U and X
10. Make sure your LG drivers are installed.
11. Reboot PC.
12. Now you should be able to get into SW UPGRADE MODE with the plugging in of the USB
Should not lock up at 15%, make sure you have drivers installed for this.
13. Should work and reboot to home screen automatically.
14. If you really must, fastboot again and install JB U and X
Last edited by LupineDream; 8th February 2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: errors
11th February 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #6  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 911

1,746 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsore1218

Thanks for your replies. Windows 8.1 is installing the OMAP driver and when I try to update it, Windows says it has determined that I have the best one installed already or some BS like that. That seems to be the last piece of the puzzle. I am not getting it to use the fastboot commands and when I am in the LG upgrade thing, it cannot connect on the first of the three calls so it says to check the USB cord and connection. ( I have tried 5-6 cords including the OEM cord ).

Thanks again for your help. I will uninstall the OMAP drivers when I get home and see if I can't get the ones I downloaded to install.

I've heard fastboot (and several other programs) aren't working on Windows 8. You need windows 7

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg l9, p769, security error, update
Previous Thread Next Thread